Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
[]KAOS[]Casey
Thug

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Not sure if it's been mentioned before

The LOD on the mesh LodMesh'TNMDeco.HandScanner' is all weird. 15 feet away the hand print disappears and only right in front of it is it not messed up, it's very noticable. a ghetto workaround is to use "Mlmode 0" so no mesh lod ever happens to begin with, but thats a shitfix really, i'd suggest just making it into a regular mesh without LOD at all since it's probably low poly.. unless you're from epic games and make a flat sheet mesh have around 15 polygons >_>
I have seen code that has surely darkened my soul within the depths of the unreal engine itself.
Shameless plug for Unreal 227 patch : http://www.oldunreal.com/
deego
Mole Person

Post by deego »

A small bug: if you steal from Raving's in the first part of the game, in the second part if you kill everybody, when you enter the door into the shop proper it seems to try to call an infolink message that doesn't exist. I forgot the exact name of the message it's looking for though.

Also: When going to catch Kevo to torture him in the WC path, and having killed TRM, checking Kevo's body results in a message from Evil Invasion and a new subgoal from the PDX path.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned before

The LOD on the mesh LodMesh'TNMDeco.HandScanner' is all weird. 15 feet away the hand print disappears and only right in front of it is it not messed up, it's very noticable. a ghetto workaround is to use "Mlmode 0" so no mesh lod ever happens to begin with, but thats a shitfix really, i'd suggest just making it into a regular mesh without LOD at all since it's probably low poly.. unless you're from epic games and make a flat sheet mesh have around 15 polygons >_>
Or you could just alter the strength of the LODPARAMS when importing the mesh: it's what I had to do for quite a few HDTP things, since the lodmesh optimisation does, as Casey points out, completely fuck up almost anything with sheets in it. Strength=0.25 seems to work for me.

#exec MESH LODPARAMS MESH=HandScanner STRENGTH=0.25

Or similar.
kahdeksan
Mole Person

Post by kahdeksan »

One of the containers in WC easter egg room is not solid. You can walk right through it
Attachments
tnm.jpg
Yannos
Mole Person

Post by Yannos »

I was doing the Llama assassination mission before I patched. After patching I went on with the game and assassinated the goat leader and returned to the llame temple. But every time I enter the temple the game will just reload the district map (as if I just stepped out of the temple, facing Abomination). Is there a console code so I can teleport inside perhaps?
Jagular
Mole Person

Post by Jagular »

Jetsetlemming wrote:I have a bug that's not mentioned in the patch notes. I got a GEP gun from a WC soldier on day two, and it seems to treat normal and WP rockets the same. It always says it's got WP rockets loaded, even if I switch it to normal rockets, normal and WP rockets share the same ammo count, and both go down together when I shoot it.
What?
I’m afraid this problem can concern with any weapon using more than one type of ammo.
I have the similar bug with a crossbow. Tranquil and simple darts have the same ammo count (in crossbow window – ammo window shows right number of darts) and are spent simultaneously. It seems there are not any problems with flare darts.

Moreover if I shoot tranquil dart into the wall and then pick it up it turns into a simple dart.
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

This is odd, but I'm not sure if it's a bug... While playing through with PDX, outside That Guy's basement there's a blue laser field and a gun turret. Stepping into the little space on the right just before the beams seems to make them switch off without having to use the keypad.
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
Hogeyhead
Thug

Post by Hogeyhead »

Ok, I've been looking, but I just can't find it, how do I install the patch?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You just download it and double-click the .exe file, then there's an auto-installer that should guide you through the rest. If it tells you to repair your Visual C++ package, you can skip it, but if it wants to install, it means you don't have it already, so you better let it install.

Did you get the DXOgg hotfix as well? You'll want to overwrite DXogg.dll in your DeusEx\System folder with that :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet in the fixes because I haven't read them due to spoilers, but in the DXI thread mission bit I was stuck for a while - if you blow up the failsafe things but only knock the MIBs and WIB out, then you don't get a PM and the goal remains incomplete. It took me a while before I figured out to shoot their unconscious bodies to kill them, and only after that did I get the PM.
By the way in the same level how do you delete the threads via the computer? I tried but apparantly I needed an admin login and I couldn't find that.
Hogeyhead
Thug

Post by Hogeyhead »

Strange bug. In the mission for WC to infiltrate despot's apartment if you request ZP to assist you, and you do not disturb every guard he kills for you by the time you enter despot's apartment, if you re enter the second story of PDX later on (at least befire DXI) he will still snipe the guards for you, even though ythe mission should have ended.
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

That login/password pair is accesible. You just need to 'hack' this box like in old quasi-DOS style.
pretending to be absent
Hogeyhead
Thug

Post by Hogeyhead »

Sorry for the double post, (they are unrelated) I think I see what you mean with the patch, but the mod db mirror does not seem to be the correct file.

*edit nm the double post, they were just 3 mins apart.
kahdeksan
Mole Person

Post by kahdeksan »

Some weird texture glitch in Llama temple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbr2EERueuc
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

I'm getting freezes on and near the roof of one of the ABI buildings at the entrance to their facility (in the PDX storyline) with 1.0.0, so... I guess I have to patch in order to proceed, and hope it fixes it without b0rking my saved game, not that the game freezing isn't already b0rked. D:

Edit: Oh, the freezes aren't fixed in 1.0.1? Crap. Hope I didn't break anything by patching, not that the game was playable anymore... I'm assuming I had to go through these two NPCs, and it froze a few seconds after I killed them.