Regarding the console

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Daruc
Mole Person

Regarding the console

Post by Daruc »

Is there a way to disable the tilde console or change its hotkey? I finally convinced a friend of mine to play TNM, but tilde is his push-to-talk button for Ventrilo and apparently, he'd rather not play the game at all than change his PTT to another key.

Many apologies if this is a blatant fix somewhere and I missed it, or if there is already a thread somewhere on it(search functions intimidate me, though I did run a search).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Regarding the console

Post by Jonas »

Your friend is not worthy of playing TNM. No action should be too inconvenient to take in order to play this mod.

Kidding, of course. I've asked Nick (the programmer who coded up that console) to swing by and help you out.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
NVShacker
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by NVShacker »

He can do something like:

Code: Select all

set tnmConsole ConsoleKey X
Where X is a key ID, 0 should disable it altogether (you'd probably want to do that from the chat console by hitting t so you aren't stuck in the console), 34 should be page down if he still wants it but on an out of the way key.
NVShacker
Are you still there?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Or just remove -hax0r from the shortcut so you cannot summon the console?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...