Saving Bug

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
OneLastBattleFGJ
Thug

Saving Bug

Post by OneLastBattleFGJ »

I can no longer save without overwriting my old saves for some reason. I tried using old saves to not replace recent ones, but it no longer works.

Any advise?
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Saving Bug

Post by nerdenstein »

I'm not totally sure on this but i believe there is a limit on how many times you can save?
I dont know because i've never had that many before, 5 or 6 at most.

Also, Deus Ex Ex save files can become pretty large at times. sometimes getting up and beyond 100mb.
Have you checked if your hard disk is full?

Someone with more experience might be able to give you a better insight however..
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

If I remember correctly wasn't manually overwriting saves an option to save space on your hard drive. If it's doing it automatically perhaps nerdenstein is correct regarding lack of hdd space.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
OneLastBattleFGJ
Thug

Post by OneLastBattleFGJ »

My hard drive is massive, and still has lots of space. That clearly isn't the problem (though if there is an option to auto-overwrite, I would like to see it)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

No there's no auto overwrite that I know of, I thought the game might be forcing you to overwrite if your drive was full which obviously it's not. Maybe there is something to the number of saves theory.
I'll leave this to somebody more technically knowledgeable as well.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Theshadots
NSF

Post by Theshadots »

Its not a bug Its called the folder is getting to big and its bad to have a big one.

How to fix it

(Clean out your junk saves)
Done
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Theshadots wrote:Its not a bug Its called the folder is getting to big and its bad to have a big one.

How to fix it

(Clean out your junk saves)
Done
Haha Nice answer.
Would be better if it made more sense so let me clarify,
Yes you can overwrite save files in Deus Ex, So Yes, As Theshadots so correctly pointed, delete some of your old saves that you don't use anymore.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Theshadots
NSF

Post by Theshadots »

yup You only have so much space to delete only delete it in game i forgot to say it or it will glich and leave you less space.