Problem running DX

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
xtruh
Mole Person

Problem running DX

Post by xtruh »

Hi, i´m here again with different problem...
been discussing my probs here
http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... 32&t=10373

now it´s a different story...
i have replaced my HDD, did fresh win7 install, fresh DX install, but can´t get to install TNM, because as i run Deus Ex, it never remember my settings, after i exit game and run it again, i allways get that "first time configuration" display with "software renderer " selected. After i click "show all devices" and choose Direct3d or OpenGl (it doesn´t matter) i run game, set resolution and 32bit color, run game (colors seem distorted) then exit game, re-run it... and all starts again with first-time config display, all changes lost...
seems that game doesn´t recognize my display device properly...

first time i was installing all this stuff everything was ok. Now i get every possible error. Frustrating, believe me.

So, any suggestions how to get past that config screen? Can´t imagine play TNM at 640x480x16 blurred´n´distorted...
seems to me as graphic driver glitch... should i run through "try-every-other-driver" misery?
My specs: Win7x86 (same as before when everything was fine)
GF 8800GTS with latest WHQL driver (can´t remember what driver i was using before)
Deus Ex GOTY (it´s 1112f IIRC)
Last edited by xtruh on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Problem running DX

Post by Jaedar »

Make sure you run the program in admin mode.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
xtruh
Mole Person

Post by xtruh »

Thanx, problem solved. Didn´t expect it to be so easy.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

xtruh wrote:Thanx, problem solved. Didn´t expect it to be so easy.
No problem.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum