I have some doubts :/ PLEASE help.

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
sgt0pimienta
Thug

I have some doubts :/ PLEASE help.

Post by sgt0pimienta »

its compatible with DX GOTY?
is it compatible with shifter?
hdtp will even change (there are many models and i don't know if the hd textures will even show up enough)

and my biggest doubt:

Ok so i got Goty...i made a steam backup and its in the backup folder...will that backup be affected when i add the mod?
also i have a backup of the backup (h yeah) just in case,can i just replace the game in Steam/steamapps/deus ex like nothing and i'll have my old original deus ex back?

is there anyway to uninstall it without doing the thing above?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: I have some doubts :/ PLEASE help.

Post by bobby 55 »

Yes it's compatible with DX GOTY.

It's compatible with the very latest version of Shifter, though Yuki advises there may still be a bug or two.

HDTP has a bit done but there will lots more when they've completed it. I think there is a list on ModDB and perhaps over on the HDTP forum of what's currently in the demo.

If you've haven't saved your backup in the originals system directory or which ever copy's system directory that you're going with then that'd be no, it'll only effect the exe of the copy you're installing the mod to.

You can uninstall TNM through it's drop down folder without any worries, that is... DX remains unaffected. You can even play vanilla DX with TNM installed. The clever OTP guys sorted that out for our convenience.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
sgt0pimienta
Thug

Post by sgt0pimienta »

thank you so much kind sir!

but how do you play vanilla with tnm installed,is there an option to start a vanilla game,or you can only use saves?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Once you've installed TNM it has it own launch options, a shortcut or in your "Start" menu. Deus EX's launch options remain unaffected by this.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
sgt0pimienta
Thug

Post by sgt0pimienta »

just installed it,thanks!