Crashes to desktop

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
denton420
Mole Person

Crashes to desktop

Post by denton420 »

Ok here is some background.

I have been playing the game up until where i infiltrate PDX headquarters. I installed 1.0.4 patch because I realized that I was running 1.0.0. I finished the level and proceeded to head back to WC HQ.

I cant seem to make it back to skara without crashing. I crash in the WC garage, the downtown area, and even the WC lobby. Here is an image of the crash upon entering the WC lobby.

I am enjoying the game a ton so far it is great! Hope someone can help me get back into it :)

Side note, I have been unable to get the game to run in 1900x1200. I edit the INI file like others have suggested and it still does not allow this resolution?
Attachments
tnmcrash.jpg
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Crashes to desktop

Post by bobby 55 »

After you patched to 1.04 did you load a saved game and continue on? Saves get corrupted with a change in patches unfortunately.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
denton420
Mole Person

Post by denton420 »

Yeah I continued on. Is there a way to revert? Maybe uninstall then reinstall 1.0.0?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I don't know if reverting will make the save un-corrupted. You'll be playing with a lot of bugs with 1.00 so I dunno if I'd want to do that.

Jonas suggested this to another person. I can't say for certain if it'll help.
Jonas
Go into the folder \DeusEx\TNM\Save\Save0002\ and find the file called SaveInfo.dxs. Move this somewhere else, somewhere temporary like your desktop or something. Then see if the error has been fixed. This may cause that particular save (Save0002, whatever it is) to become useless, but it may still work. Otherwise, I hope you've saved in other slots.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Actually your saves aren't corrupted, they just use 1.0.0 code which no longer works after you've updated the game to 1.0.4. This is why the maps that you visited before updating the mod crash when you try to re-enter them after the update. If you uninstall and reinstall 1.0.0 you should indeed be able to load those maps again that you visited before, but it could conversely create problems with any maps that you successfully visited after the update (which I assume are maps that you didn't visit before the update, are you following me?) It will also, as Bob says, reintroduce a shitload of bugs that we fixed in all those patches.

I would strongly recommend starting over. You're only about 25-30% through the game, and your second playthrough will probably be significantly faster anyway. You can skip the conversations you've already heard, and you will probably find new things the second time through that you didn't notice the first time. You can even try out alternate solutions to the early missions, such as dealing with the N00Bz in a different way (there are about 7 different solutions to that mission), or bringing the unconscious Llama scout to Abomination and the painting to jimmycracker before they even give you their missions.

The third and final solution would be to go into your savegame folder and remove all the saved levels that you visited before updating. That will reset anything you've done in those levels, including adding back items you've already picked up and minor characters you've previously killed, so it's a pretty poor solution, but I thought you should be fully aware of your options before you decide what to do.

Like I said, I would powerfully recommend just starting over. Sorry for your trouble.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
denton420
Mole Person

Post by denton420 »

Thank you for your reply!

I will start over and side with PDX I suppose.

My fault for not updating to the right version. I got so involved in updating the graphics that I forgot all about the game patch.

Really enjoying the game so far. Thank you for your hard work.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You're welcome. Thank you for giving the game another chance :)

I would hate for you to lose interest because of this little mishap.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine