can't get to start

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
khanblack
Mole Person

can't get to start

Post by khanblack »

heya guys, just downloaded tnm for the first time, but i'm having some trouble.

first off, my game is up-to-date and is the non-steam version.

the problem is that when i click the tnm application, the logo shows up, the screen goes black and... hey, this is regular ol' deus ex still. what gives? i've looked around the forum a bit but i haven't been able to find any one with the same problem. hopefully i'm just a moron and there's an easy fix :P
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: can't get to start

Post by bobby 55 »

No error message? It might be a render issue so maybe try changing renderers first. Also, if you have a multicore cpu the new exe might help. http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/

Did you run DX before launching TNM?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
khanblack
Mole Person

Post by khanblack »

yep, ran it before tnm. no error message. all it does is start up deus ex as normal.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

khanblack wrote:yep, ran it before tnm. no error message. all it does is start up deus ex as normal.

Mmm, sometimes the Microsoft redistributable c++2008 is corrupt. Could you download this and install it and try launching TNM again? http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=5582
khanblack
Mole Person

Post by khanblack »

nada :[ i feel like i must've done something wrong... but seeing how it comes as an installer, i don't really see how i could've possibly botched it :/
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

khanblack wrote:nada :[ i feel like i must've done something wrong... but seeing how it comes as an installer, i don't really see how i could've possibly botched it :/

Feel free to boil me in oil for asking this. Did you download the 980+ megabytes or did you download a patch instead? The only reason I ask is that it's been done before and the patches come with installers too. Apologies khanblack but I did have to ask.
khanblack
Mole Person

Post by khanblack »

bahahaha. no, not unless the patch comes with all the maps and stuff.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Are you using the shortcut that the installer placed on your desktop? You're not just double-clicking on TNM.exe in the game folder, right?

If you're using the shortcut, please open its properties and copy its target, then paste it in here so we can see if it's pointing to all the right things :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
khanblack
Mole Person

Post by khanblack »

er... >_> there was no shortcut placed on my desktop... so yes i've been running tnm.exe in the game folder x.x
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I see. Well the shortcut path contains all the information about which .inis to load and all that, but hopefully even if you don't have one on your desktop, at least it should be in your TNM folder. Go into \DeusEx\TNM\ and use the shortcut called The Nameless Mod to launch the game. You can copy this to a more convenient location if you please.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
khanblack
Mole Person

Post by khanblack »

the only thing in there is a pdf document... maybe i should just reinstall this thing -.-
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Uhm... yes. You seem to not have the mod installed.

Out of interest, what is the file name of your installer?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine