Sol's Bar closed

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Aquifex
Mole Person

Sol's Bar closed

Post by Aquifex »

Hi all, I have encountered the problem that Sol's Bar got closed, most likely because I tased Alpha to get his keys. Nobody noticed, screamed or turned hostile etc. when I did that, so I thought I was safe, but apparently someone will notice sooner or later when the barkeeper lies on the ground unconsciously.

Anyway, I know it's kind of cheating, but which variables do I have to change (in the legend/flags menu) in which way to reverse the bar to its former state? Or is it more than variables and cannot be undone? In that case, what is the character code of Kunio Kun? The fact that I did not yet buy the aug upgrades from him is the main reason this troubles me, and that way I could just summon him somewhere and complete the transaction.

I know I could just reduce my credit count by 2000 and spawn two aug canisters, but, you know, that feels even more like cheating :oops:
Dragon
Silhouette

Re: Sol's Bar closed

Post by Dragon »

Or use "opensesame"... I think that's the code isn't it?
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Aquifex
Mole Person

Post by Aquifex »

To open the door? Unfortunately it's not that simple, as I can still enter the bar via the back door or by cheating, however it's no one there except a lone gambler and a very angry Jacky. I guess that's because the guests are scripted to disappear after the player has "caused trouble" in the bar, however I thought that simply tasing one person without anyone noticing wasn't "trouble" - well, I was wrong.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

If you've already entered the bar and found it empty, the damage is done, so to speak - those NPCs are gone, and their absense has been saved into your savegames, so there's no way to bring them back. However, if you're hell bent on cheating, you can summon Kunio with... "summon KunioKun", should do the trick.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Aquifex
Mole Person

Post by Aquifex »

Dammit, I was afraid that had happened... anyway, thanks for the advice, it worked and I could at least get the aug upgrades. Gotta be more careful next time - or maybe not, as I'll play the WC storyline next, so I'll probably piss off everyone in the bar anyway :twisted:
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

There's no need by the way to get this upgrade from him. In TNM there are a lot of upgrades if you care to look around. So missing one or two doesn't allow you to fully upgrade most augmentation slots which by itself should not be a problem. See if you can find all upgrades legally allowed in your play through next time. Happy upgrade hunting :D
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Also, update the game to 1.04 or 1.04+. This sounds a lot like a 1.00 bug... and trust me, the updates are nice.

Might want to backup the OSC maps though to get through them once unmodified ;).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...