GUI is large and pixelated

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Baconbits
Mole Person

GUI is large and pixelated

Post by Baconbits »

After installing the latest shifter, New Vision, and Kentie's renderer I finally put in HDTP. I ran the HDTP exe and kentie's launcher ran as expected I picked all my settings 1280x1024 non-scaling gui etc and when I ran the game and opened the menu the GUI was in that crappy default 640x480. So now I'm playing an awesome graphically updated deus ex with a butt ugly GUI :cry: . heeeewlp!

Also I saw this steam post about this ultra compilation of a bunch of mods HDTP included..http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1235278 and his game looks like this http://tof.canardpc.com/view/32816f0b-1 ... a69fad.jpg .

I have everything on the list except for an "enb-series" from a Boris Vorontsov. My metal crates and boxes are still the old original Deus ex crates. Am I missing something from HDTP?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: GUI is large and pixelated

Post by bobby 55 »

Are you playing with the Steam version of Deus Ex?
How are you launching the game?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Baconbits
Mole Person

Post by Baconbits »

No I'm using a none game of the year addition cd but I updated it to 1.112.f or whatever it is. I launch it using the HDTP exe in my start menu which also brings up Kentie's launcher for config. The odd part is if I use Kentie's exe instead the gui loads the resolution properly although this means HDTP's graphics doesn't get enabled so its pointless.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Baconbits wrote:No I'm using a none game of the year addition cd but I updated it to 1.112.f or whatever it is. I launch it using the HDTP exe in my start menu which also brings up Kentie's launcher for config. The odd part is if I use Kentie's exe instead the gui loads the resolution properly although this means HDTP's graphics doesn't get enabled so its pointless.
You say you have Shifter as well? That clever fellow Yuki got Shiffter to "grab" the HDTP stuff.

This from the HDTP forum.
You need to move or copy the HDTPanim.utx file into your C:\DeusEx\Textures folder for Shifter to work properly with HDTP.
You must also use the NORMAL Deus Ex/Shifter exe file. Do NOT run HDTP.exe or Shifter will not be running when you do
Baconbits
Mole Person

Post by Baconbits »

o.0 ? I downloaded HDTP from the official website all I got was an installer I don't know how I'm missing the HDTPanim.utx file. Where can I download it? I also checked the rar package for shifter that I downloaded from moddb (http://www.moddb.com/mods/shifter1) all it has is a Deusex.int file and deusex.u, no exe files that I see. How am I missing all this stuff? But you're right shifter isn't working through the HDTP exe I just looted a few bodies and no extra loot or exp from kills.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

If you replaced the DeusExu and DeusExint files in the Deus Ex system folder with the ones from the download then Shifter should run with the Deus Ex exe. I'll just check. I launched the game with the new exe and the menu shows Shifter 1.84.

You'll find the HDTPanim.utx file in the HDTP texture folder.

It works for me.
Last edited by bobby 55 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baconbits
Mole Person

Post by Baconbits »

Alright so the problem is prolly with the HDTPanim.utx file missing then cuz HDPT is definitely not running when I use Kentie's exe.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Baconbits wrote:Alright so the problem is prolly with the HDTPanim.utx file missing then cuz HDPT is definitely not running when I use Kentie's exe.
Yeah, just check the version at the bottom of the menu to see if Shifter is installed. :)
Baconbits
Mole Person

Post by Baconbits »

I think I remember it saying it was running when I used it before. For some reason I can't run it now tho.. It says i'm missing some effects file so I think ima just clean install everything. But I still dunno where you got that HDTPanim.utx because even if the shifter is working HDTP won't be.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Deus Ex should have the HDTP folder. Open it and in the HDTP texture folder that where it be. I'll make a copy and give it you if it's not there. Oh, and launch the game with the exe or a shortcut of it. also I've got version 2 of Kenties new exe. That bloody 3 hates me and tosses dll errors at me.
Baconbits
Mole Person

Post by Baconbits »

Ooooh I found it.. so this is supposed to be in the deus ex's texture folder not the HDTP's?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Baconbits wrote:Ooooh I found it.. so this is supposed to be in the deus ex's texture folder not the HDTP's?
Well, you can copy it and throw it in the Deus Ex texture folder if you prefer, that's what I did. That's for running with Shifter otherwise it should stay in the HDTP textures.
Baconbits
Mole Person

Post by Baconbits »

Awesome your a life saver. Think you could help me another unrelated problem? http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17716 I can't get this gun mod to work. An it seems like the guys on that forum aren't very active last post on the whole forum was like a few weeks ago. My post Is Baconbits at the bottom
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Baconbits wrote:Awesome your a life saver. Think you could help me another unrelated problem? http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17716 I can't get this gun mod to work. An it seems like the guys on that forum aren't very active last post on the whole forum was like a few weeks ago. My post Is Baconbits at the bottom
Erm, I can't, luckily there's a thread here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11155