Graphics Issue (Screen Goes All Black)

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Frankie Spankie
Mole Person

Graphics Issue (Screen Goes All Black)

Post by Frankie Spankie »

I just started to play The Nameless Mod earlier today and after about 15 minutes of playing, the screen will go black. The HUD stays there with the crosshairs and any subtitles. I can hear footsteps when I run around and if I run into somebody that triggers a conversation, I'll see the subtitles and hear them speaking, but the rest of the screen is still back. If I try to load a save file, it stays that way. The only way to fix it is to close out of the game and restart it which gets very annoying. I ran into this issue 3 times already. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Specs:
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
2.66Ghz Intel Quad-Core
GTX 560Ti
8GB RAM
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Graphics Issue (Screen Goes All Black)

Post by bobby 55 »

Have you tried changing renderers?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Graphics Issue (Screen Goes All Black)

Post by nerdenstein »

Update to the latest version of the DX10 Renderer.
It's an issue with the older versions so get the newer version and replace it in your /DeusEx/System/ folder.

http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.