Annoying sound glitch

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Rust
Mole Person

Annoying sound glitch

Post by Rust »

So I downloaded TNM yesterday, and it ran just fine at first. When I played it today, after about an hour of playtime, I would encounter weird bursts of staticy screeches whenever I would walk around the streets. When I stood still, walked into the subway area or went into a building, the sounds stopped, only to resume when I went back outside. Restarting the game did nothing to help and I've never encountered this problem in Deus Ex.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Annoying sound glitch

Post by bobby 55 »

Rust wrote:So I downloaded TNM yesterday, and it ran just fine at first. When I played it today, after about an hour of playtime, I would encounter weird bursts of staticy screeches whenever I would walk around the streets. When I stood still, walked into the subway area or went into a building, the sounds stopped, only to resume when I went back outside. Restarting the game did nothing to help and I've never encountered this problem in Deus Ex.
Erk, there is a thread here somewhere about that. Have you tried changing UseDirectSound=True to UseDirectSound=False in the ini? Try that and in the mean time I'll try and find that thread.

Added: Gah, I can't find that thread. ISTR that it wasn't initially about the sound but was also mentioned with another problem. It was the same sound problem you're having though.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Rust
Mole Person

Post by Rust »

It seems to have stopped for now. If it happens again, I'll try that. I'll post back here if it doesn't work.
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

good to see you got it working. Welcome to the forums. Watch out for the karkian though
ecs
Thug

Post by ecs »

ECS provides the best school shoes for girls. The boots are made of high-quality material for use on campus or in school. Order the latest shoes for kids online at reasonable prices.
meerakofficial
Thug

Post by meerakofficial »

Check the latest design of Party Wear Dress online at Meerak. We offer our customers the best quality party dresses online in all over Pakistan at great prices. So, grab your favorite dresses online today.
servis shoes
Thug

Post by servis shoes »

We offer a wide range of men sports shoes, such as tennis, football, basketball, and more. Our selection of men's sports shoes is updated regularly so you will always find the newest styles of men's sports shoes.
houseofflowers
Thug

Post by houseofflowers »

Explore our delicious chocolate bouquet so you may satisfy your hunger. It is an inspiring present for any occasion. Shop now and give yourself a treat or spread happiness to someone special!
ammarakhan
Thug

Post by ammarakhan »

Explore the variety of Pakistani party wear dresses online at Ammara Khan. Ammara Khan presents the latest collection of party dresses online all over Pakistan at affordable prices. Grab your favorite dress today.
Borjan
Thug

Post by Borjan »

Get the best loafer shoes in Pakistan from Borjan. We provide you with a variety of loafer shoes in Pakistan for the most affordable prices. So, make sure to get Borjan’s amazing collection of loafer shoes for men online.
Shahtaj_Qaiser
Thug

Post by Shahtaj_Qaiser »

Discover the latest and best quality bridal dresses at Shahtaj Qaiser. With a wide range of colors and styles, Our Latest designs will make you feel gorgeous at your big day. Shop now and elevate your wardrobe with the newest and most stylish dresses!
Mohagni
Thug

Post by Mohagni »

Discover the dignity and sophistication of Mohagni, with a leading party dress and a unique blend of traditional and modern styles. We provide a large number of party dresses online in Pakistan. Buy your favorite dress and feel precious and attractive.
chahyay
Thug

Post by chahyay »

Explore the perfect shoe rack design for your home with Chahyay. Our wooden shoe rack offer optimal storage and organization for your footwear collection. From stylish designs to durable construction, find the ideal shoe organizer that suits your needs. Shop now and transform your space with Chahyay high-quality shoe racks.
Jazmin Clothing
Thug

Post by Jazmin Clothing »

Reveal your glamour with the stunning Net Dress Designs offered by Jazmin Clothing. Each dress is crafted from the highest quality net fabric and designed to elevate your style for any special occasion. Shop now.
raffatlaw
Thug

Post by raffatlaw »

Looking for a Court Marriage Lawyer in Rawalpindi? Our skilled legal experts are dedicated to facilitating seamless court marriage proceedings.