My TNM issues

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
CrackJag
Mole Person

My TNM issues

Post by CrackJag »

I've come across a problem a couple of times in my TNM playthrough. After exiting out of the game and then starting it up again, I get a glitch where all the speech sounds become robotic and scratchy along with the brightness turning itself all the way down. I've Googled the problem multiple times and I still haven't a permanent solution, I've tried reinstalling, changing the values in the .ini files, and deleting and reinstalling the mod all over again. While the problem does get fixed temporarily after shutting down my PC for a few hours, it's really hard to determine how long it will last and the waiting really cuts into the amount of time I can play the mod. Please help. I'll do anything. anything...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: My TNM issues

Post by bobby 55 »

Have you tried changing UsesDirectsound=true to UsesDirectsound=false yet? That fixed my sound issues.

With your brightness issue I haven't a clue, however this link takes you to GOG. Scroll down to "Utilities" and grab the Gamma Resetter. I can't guarantee that'll work but it won't hurt either.
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/deus_ex_got ... more/page1
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional