Game crashed in Raving's Weapon Shop

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
selib
Mole Person

Game crashed in Raving's Weapon Shop

Post by selib »

I put up a pizza box in Raving's Weapon Shop, when I threw it away it fell in a table and the message "You can't drop this here" came about a thousend times.
When I wanted to save, the game crashed and now when I load the game I get this Message "Can't find file 'TNM/save/current/20_weaponshop.dxs'
HELP
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Game crashed in Raving's Weapon Shop

Post by Jonas »

Where did you make your last save, in the Weapon Shop itself? If not, you should be able to find the file mentioned in the error message and delete it - any changes there will be lost (items you've picked up will be back, items you've dropped will be gone, etc.) but the rest of your savegame will be fine.

If your last save was in the weapon shop itself, I'm afraid you'll have to load another savegame and carry on from there, as your current one has been corrupted.

I'm not familiar with what could've caused the error you're describing, but I'm ready to just blame it on Deus Ex's physics system and move on.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

A workman never blames his tools.
selib
Mole Person

Post by selib »

Unfortunatly this was my only save :(
Fortunatly this didn't happend at the end of the game ^^
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

kdawg88 wrote:A workman never blames his tools.
But sometimes he has to blame it on the shoddy work of other workmen.
selib wrote:Unfortunatly this was my only save :(
I cannot sufficiently stress the importance of saving in different slots, for exactly this reason. I believe we even say so in a loading screen hint. But I'm sorry this happened to you, it's never fun to lose a savegame, even if you do have older saves you can go back to. I hope you'll give the mod another chance :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
selib
Mole Person

Post by selib »

Jonas wrote:I cannot sufficiently stress the importance of saving in different slots, for exactly this reason. I believe we even say so in a loading screen hint. But I'm sorry this happened to you, it's never fun to lose a savegame, even if you do have older saves you can go back to. I hope you'll give the mod another chance :)
Of course I'll give it another chance, it's awesome :)
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I doubt the error was related to the saving error. Though the saving crash and the loading error probably are.

Did you try Jonas method even when in the weaponshop? It's your only save, nothing to loose from trying...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...