new instalation problems

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Hogeyhead
Thug

new instalation problems

Post by Hogeyhead »

Hi I'm back long time no see everyone, and I cant get TNM to work.
I installed the game of the year edition on a fresh xp install, and updated to 12fm installed TNM, and, well I get this:

Cant bind to native class TNMNative.tnmNativeHookObject

then a whole bunch of gobbledygook (I would copy paste but it won't let me)

It is possible that I don't have the right drivers installed, but deus ex works, and tnm has worked before on this computer

Any help would be appreciated.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: new instalation problems

Post by bobby 55 »

Reinstalling this may fix your problem: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=29

I think it's best if you uninstall your current one first.

Edited: I mean uninstall the redistributable not TNM, I just reread my post and it's not that clear.
Last edited by bobby 55 on Fri May 18, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Before you do as Bobby suggested, did you patch TNM to 1.0.4+?

If not, do so immediately. If yes, do what Bobby said ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Hogeyhead wrote:I installed the game of the year edition on a fresh xp install, and updated to 12fm
GOTY is 1112f... probably trying to update it broke something.

So yeah, reinstall, and skip the patching step since it's unnecessary.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I thought we'd been over this. Not all versions of the GOTY are 1112fm.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hogeyhead
Thug

Post by Hogeyhead »

Wow thanks for the help guys, I'm going to try your suggestions and get back to you in a couple hours (I have an appointment in a little bit), but before I go I want to clarify a couple of things first my version of GOTY was not fm, it was just f, but I patched it. second; Jonas, when you said 1.04+ did you mean that there is a version after 1.04 called 1.04+, or is it just 1.04?

Thanks guys for the help.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hogeyhead wrote:Wow thanks for the help guys, I'm going to try your suggestions and get back to you in a couple hours (I have an appointment in a little bit), but before I go I want to clarify a couple of things first my version of GOTY was not fm, it was just f, but I patched it. second; Jonas, when you said 1.04+ did you mean that there is a version after 1.04 called 1.04+, or is it just 1.04?
There's a version after 1.0.4 that Hassat made (it's non-official but it's great, so get it). You should be perfectly fine with 1.0.4 though, in terms of the error you're getting (that was fixed in 1.0...2, I think?)

Also 1112f is the same as 1112fm. I think.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Jonas wrote: Also 1112f is the same as 1112fm. I think.
Actually the 1112fm is different than the 1112f, which I can verify. The fm version is the multiplayer one, which most all of the mods will require. Patching to 1112fm from 1112f will replace the system files along with two or three of the DX maps.
Jonas wrote:I thought we'd been over this. Not all versions of the GOTY are 1112fm.
Indeed. The one I have is 1112f. I'm also aware of a wierd Creative Labs GOTY version that was included with their sound cards and required a different patch entirely.
Hogeyhead
Thug

Post by Hogeyhead »

Alright I did what bobby suggested and now it works perfectly thank you all so much as now I can once again play this fantastic mod

I will also try out 1.04+, sounds good
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jonas wrote:I thought we'd been over this. Not all versions of the GOTY are 1112fm.
*boots his own game, fm...*
Didn't know that. I bought the game over 10 years ago for 10 gulden (no euro back then, so I suppose 2001) and it was the only version around. Though I did know we euro's got shafted on the newspaper and soundtrack (took me about 2-3 years before I found the paper as .pdf on the disk... and had to download the soundtrack).
Jonas wrote:There's a version after 1.0.4 that Hassat made (it's non-official but it's great, so get it)
Thanks... :D
http://thenamelessmod.com/wiki/1.0.4_Plus
(might not want to read it and just skip to the download links if you haven't played the game atleast twice though)
Hogeyhead wrote:Alright I did what bobby suggested and now it works perfectly thank you all so much as now I can once again play this fantastic mod
I will also try out 1.04+, sounds good
Good to hear it's working for you.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...