Cannot progress?

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Cannot progress?

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I am in the corporate district- Went to world corp and started a massacre and killed everyone except peeps on lvl 4, BUT I let Silver Dragon escape. So the first time I let him go I got him to follow me, we get to the exit of the parking lot, I go through the loading screen, keep walking, turn around and he is nowhere to be seen, so I go back through the loading transition and he is standing in my face HOSTILE. So I load and tried another way, I just told him to make his own way out (all guards dead) and assumed this would be ok and continued with my mopping up of WorldCorp. When done I went to exit via the parking lot and Silver Dragon is standing there at the loading screen...HOSTILE AGAIN! So I thought fuck it and put him down.

Now the bug doesnt seem to end there, since I had cleaned out worldcorp Scara B. King is hostile so I cannot get the reward for Dragon and continue the story that way, so I go to PDX instead (first time) and King Kashue Just talks to me as if I have not been to WorldCorp yet and never met S Dragon even though he called me an imbecile minutes before for slaying S Dragon.

Is there a way to continue the story or is this a game breaker?
I have encountered a few more bugs also but they were not gamebreaking. Was having a blast with this mod it is incredible so much content, consistency and just all-round awesomeness, but now......:(
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Cannot progress?

Post by Jonas »

Sounds like a bug. Do you still have a savegame from before you talked to SD? All you have to do is talk to him once he gets to the exit, then you should be good. But you may want to wait to make sure he leaves all right before you hit the level transition.

But yeah I dunno why he turns hostile, that shouldn't happen. There's a cheat code you can use to turn enemies friendly, you might be able to fix your problem that way. Point your crosshair at Silver Dragon (go invisible first if you have to) and type... "loveme", I think.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Thanks. Yeah I should still have that save before I killed him. Its not too far back either. Should I calm down a bit and stop slaughtering people or are you confident your masterpiece can react to my psychopath playstyle? Well I dont kill everyone, just those I deem neccessary such as firewalls and guards for weapons and items, besides the usual enemies of the game. Maybe a random NPC here & there cos I feel like it but that is it.

Loving it btw, Bit early in the game and year to say but so far GOTY 2012 for me (this is not a mod its a fucking game itself, its worth £40 should be on the shelves instead of crap like gears of war & mass effect even though its 3? years old). Also has me very excited for HDTP because the Pistol, Sniper Rifle & Sword are smoking hot. The reload animations, scope sight, blood on the sword etc. You lot have talent beyond my comprehension.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

The hostile Silver was patched.
You aren't running 1.0.0 are you? Update! To 1.0.4 or 1.0.4+...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Cybernetic pig wrote:I go through the loading screen, keep walking, turn around and he is nowhere to be seen, so I go back through the loading transition and he is standing in my face HOSTILE.
This is actually a commonly known bug, which I'm not sure was entirely fixed (since I just tell SD to go on after I kill the guys on the way down - or KO them if I want to be friendly to Kashue, this way seems safest as far as the game itself goes). If you're finding lots of bugs, it is likely as was suggested that you need to update. I don't know the exact count, but I'm guessing somewhere between 200-400 different things were fixed between 1.00 and 1.04.

Edit: About the only reason you would even want to touch 1.00 if you want to see the architectural changes that were made between there and 1.04+ (like being able to swim in the Worldcorp fish tanks, and probably the most notable, the original OSC).
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Nope I am running 1.0.4.

Further minor bug report

- After going up the cargo elevator in the secret underground area of world corp there is a room half filled with water (room before you get "Cool explosion bonus") if you fall in the water there seems to be no way out, but that was probably just me being blind.
- Underground area worldcorp again, Prison cells with the guy in a cell you can save- I did not have enough multitools so I threw a emp grenade in to disable the lasers, it worked but he got scared and wouldnt talk to me. Maybe I just did not wait long enough I dunno.
- Overwriting a save file of a previous area the save name stays the same. example- overwrite "worldcorp lvl2" whilst in Ravings gun shop and the save stays named as "Worldcorp lvl 2"
- The Llama quest script incident I posted in another thread.
- Lvl 3 world corp Biology labs there is a bucket in a utility? room (one with a broom) I jumped on the bucket and then couldnt move so I sliced up the bucket and got insta-killed by a collision or something. Was hilarious.
- Lvl 2 & 3 WorldCorp picking up a dead body and then using the retinal/fingerprint scanners does not work (although this should probably stay for gameplay reasons- multitools vs getting clearance from black ice terminal)
- The classic AIs stuck on doors glitch
- No mention of requirement level for gas masks in environ resistance skill description.

Just wanna help perfect this incredible mod, I notice all the many, many, MANY improvements & additions over DX too :) Also I cannot figure out how to "reload" the fire extinguishers.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Sat May 26, 2012 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Cybernetic pig wrote:Nope I am running 1.0.4.

Further minor bug report

- After going up the cargo elevator in the secret underground area of world corp there is a room half filled with water (room before you get "Cool explosion bonus") if you fall in the water there seems to be no way out, but that was probably just me being blind.
Through one of the pipes down there, you can get up to a broken cargo container, then jump up on some crates and make it out through a hatch in the top (I think you have to use a crowbar or similar to bash the hatch open). If you find yourself unable to get through the hatch, your game hasn't been patched correctly.
- Underground area worldcorp again, Prison cells with the guy in a cell you can save- I did not have enough multitools so I threw a emp grenade in to disable the lasers, it worked but he got scared and wouldnt talk to me. Maybe I just did not wait long enough I dunno.
That again sounds like one of those things we definitely patched...
- Overwriting a save file of a previous area the save name stays the same. example- overwrite "worldcorp lvl2" whilst in Ravings gun shop and the save stays named as "Worldcorp lvl 2"
That's how it works. That's how it worked in Deus Ex too, no?
- The Llama quest script incident I posted in another thread.
It's an odd one because I was pretty sure we accounted for all potential sequences of action in that quest, but I guess you can't catch 'em all. Anyway, we can't fix that because recording new voice-over is out of the question.
- Lvl 2 & 3 WorldCorp picking up a dead body and then using the retinal/fingerprint scanners does not work (although this should probably stay for gameplay reasons- multitools vs getting clearance from black ice terminal)
The retinal scanners only work when there's blood flow to the eyes being scanned.
- The classic AIs stuck on doors glitch
Blame Deus Ex and Unreal's path finding, nothing we can do about that.
- No mention of requirement level for gas masks in environ resistance skill description.
That's a good one. I'll try to remember to add something in there for 1.0.5.
Also I cannot figure out how to "reload" the fire extinguishers.
As far as I recall, whenever you pick up a new fire extinguisher, its ammo is simply added to the extinguisher you're already carrying. If you're not carrying one, you get the new fire extinguisher like normal. Reloading is not necessary.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Yeah I know, most of them were not worth mentioning, i'm sorry.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Sat May 26, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Jonas wrote: If you find yourself unable to get through the hatch, your game hasn't been patched correctly.
Yeah in one of the pipes there was a fuzzy looking texture blocking my escape, must have not patched properly.
Jonas wrote: As far as I recall, whenever you pick up a new fire extinguisher, its ammo is simply added to the extinguisher you're already carrying. If you're not carrying one, you get the new fire extinguisher like normal. Reloading is not necessary
It is saying I have 2 "clips" in the hud when using extinguisher + the amount of "ammo" left of the one in my hand. I had accumulated 3 extinguishers so this made sense, but once I used the first "clip" I cannot access the other 2 extinguishers. Must be another thing that got patched.

EDIT: For ****sake, I am not intentionally double posting... post count dont mean shit to me, not being a retard however does.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Jonas wrote:As far as I recall, whenever you pick up a new fire extinguisher, its ammo is simply added to the extinguisher you're already carrying. If you're not carrying one, you get the new fire extinguisher like normal. Reloading is not necessary.
Actually, this is a 1.04 bug that rather annoyed me (and I've mentioned on forum before). If you keep picking up fire extinguishers it adds "clips", but when you run the ammo down to zero the fire extinguisher ceases to work. As I recall you can't get rid of the fire extinguisher you have and get it back and reset it. Hassat "solved" it in 1.04+ by not allowing clips to accumulate, but if you're working with 1.04 source, you might consider figuring out what "bugs" he did fix and get them on the list for 1.05.
Jonas wrote: Through one of the pipes down there, you can get up to a broken cargo container, then jump up on some crates and make it out through a hatch in the top (I think you have to use a crowbar or similar to bash the hatch open). If you find yourself unable to get through the hatch, your game hasn't been patched correctly.
Ditto. This is actually a bug. AFAIR, there isn't crates in there but barrels. If you can't move them (i.e. no microfibral muscle aug), you're stuck there.

Also, while I'm thinking of my problems, be sure not to forget the duct that you can't get through in the AI wing of the space station which leads to the rooms with the small aliens and the small bot (PDX game).
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

You can. It's just one of those hard "get outs" just like SPOILER room where you meet SPOILER. You know who/where I mean ;).
And yes, the space-shuttle.

AFAIK 1.0.5 builds upon 1.0.4+, so the fire extinguisher fix should be in.
The code was really REALLY complex. And I just replaced it by "fill up to max 100 for a new one"... and, well, bug fixed.
Sometimes the easiest solutions are the best. Although I did went through several incarnations before it worked properly...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

So I am going to space? You **** spoiled it! ha ha no it is ok I already spoiled that for myself by reading the 1.0.4 patch notes in my TNM install. Its a shame it would have been a great surprise. Nevermind still got plenty to experience.