the correct order to 'enhance' Deus Ex & The TNM

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
ericjmz
Thug

the correct order to 'enhance' Deus Ex & The TNM

Post by ericjmz »

5/27, Sunday morning

Hey Guys,

its been 1-2 years since I played Deus Ex & TNM (back-2-back)...Searching around last nite I came to your page,& now am so excited to play them both again...so excited I can't decide which one 1st; so excited I want to go back in time & begin yesterday! (still working on that time-travel element...)
For this I am going to re-install Deus Ex & TNM,and want to choose an order of 'enhancements' that leaves my 2 games with the best textures & the very latest open gl drivers...I don't want the installation of any enhancement to overwrite another with an earlier or worse thing.

So my question is,will the following O_R_D_E_R (or if not,some o_t_h_e-r 'order'?) give me the best working-'enhanced' version of Both Deus Ex and TNM?:-
1. install Deus Ex
2. install latest official Deus Ex patch
3. install HDTP-Release1.exe
4. NewVisionV1.zip
5. install NewVisionV1_Hotfix
6. install TheNamelessMod1.0.4Patch.exe
7. install TheNamelessMod1.0.4PLUSPatch.exe

Will that 'plan' give me the latest-and-greatest Deus Ex and TNM both,with the latest textures for both & the lastest opengl drives for both...that last being an important factor,I think?

Thanks in advance for your expertise-advice...and by the way,I loved TNM as much as the original game...maybe even a teensy bit more! =D>

ericjmz
ericjmz@yahoo.com
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: the correct order to 'enhance' Deus Ex & The TNM

Post by bobby 55 »

Okay, you've got it nearly correct. I think it's been recommended to install New Vision before HDTP. I install DX, then TNM, followed by New Vision and HDTP.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
ericjmz
Thug

Post by ericjmz »

Thank you; I actually sent the same email-inquiry to the HDTP forum, (as i didn't know which forum would apply to this 'double'-question)and they said the very same thing.

But you also something else...you install TNM BEFORE any of the enhancements!

Why and does it matter,specifically vis-a-vis the opengl driver?

I ask specifically because I had thought TNM 1.0.4 had the latest opengl and I didn't know if either New Vision or HDTP changes the opengl (to an earlier version as their release came before TNM) if I install TNM before the enhancements?

your thoughts?

Thank you again

ericjmz
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to suggest it was mandatory to do it in my order. Since New Vision and HDTP don't change the game-play of DX or TNM it doesn't matter if you install them before TNM, as all that's required after they're installed are the changes to the respective ini files.

You can grab the latest Chris Dohnal OpenGL at Kenties if you need it:http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

One thing I want to clarify about your list:
ericjmz wrote:6. install TheNamelessMod1.0.4Patch.exe
You seem to be installing the patch without installing the game first. Make sure the first TNM file you install is just short of a gigabyte :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine