TNM and other mods compatibility

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
betelges
Mole Person

TNM and other mods compatibility

Post by betelges »

hi there, thx for this great mod.
this is my deus ex first game session too.
i have installed tnm and then new vision mod, is this correct?
and more: how can i be sure that the new vision mod is correctly working on TNM?
How coul i should see the game now?
thx in advance
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: TNM and other mods compatibility

Post by Jonas »

To be honest I don't really know how New Vision is installed, I've lost track. Do you add anything to the .ini files? If so you have to add those things to the TNM ini files as well. If you didn't, maybe it'll work automatically. If it doesn't, look for any lines that mention New Vision in the Deus Ex inis and copy them over to the same places in the TNM inis.

Good luck :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

The New Vision installer automatically puts the required lines in the DeusEx.ini; so it would be easiest to install New Vision first and then TNM (since TNM copies DeusEx.ini and makes changes).
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Right, thanks. But since it was already done the other way around first, look for the HDTP entries in DeusEx.ini and copy them over to the same places in TNM.ini. TNM.ini is a modified copy of DeusEx.ini, so it shouldn't be a problem to find the right places.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine