finished Narcissus ending;now to 'prepare' before next time?

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
ericjmz
Thug

finished Narcissus ending;now to 'prepare' before next time?

Post by ericjmz »

7/13/2013

Hey Folks,

I just finished TNM (1.04+ this time) for the 3rd time...played it about once-per-year
I have 3 questions which will determine whether I uninstall or keep on hard drive in anticipation of a re-play in 6-12 months (or who knows,maybe next week! :-0 )

1. So I enabled bullet-time; does that reside in a particular file, which one,and can I take that bullet-time 'status' over to my main Deux Ex game?
In case I uninstall I might want to preserve that file-ability...

2. This time when i replayed I hadn't uninstalled from a year ago,as I wanted to keep all my settings of high rez,,104+ patch,new vision,& other enhancements whose names I forget.
The downside was that the Easter egg count wasn't set back to zero.
What exact file does the Easter Egg count reside in?

3. So...can I both keep TNM on computer and get rid of of that file so that the next time I play the count of Easter eggs is back to a fresh = 'zero' start?

Thank you in advance.

Ericjmz
ggrotz
X-51

Re: finished Narcissus ending;now to 'prepare' before next t

Post by ggrotz »

ericjmz wrote: 1. So I enabled bullet-time; does that reside in a particular file, which one,and can I take that bullet-time 'status' over to my main Deux Ex game?
Look at TNM\System\TNMUSER.INI . No TNM bullet-time is not supported in Deus Ex.
ericjmz wrote: 2. What exact file does the Easter Egg count reside in?
See #1.
ericjmz wrote: 3. So...can I both keep TNM on computer and get rid of of that file so that the next time I play the count of Easter eggs is back to a fresh = 'zero' start?
See #1.

That said...look for this section in said file.

Code: Select all

[TNM.trestkon]
eggs=45801
bUnlockedSword=True
bUnlockedBulletTime=False
bWeatherDisabled=False
bLoadingQuotes=False
bDebug=False
bUseSmallConplayfonts=False
Most of these should be pretty self explanatory. bUnlockedSword means whether you've done what is necessary to be able to buy the Deus Diablo flaming sword from Raving Nutter. bUnlockedBulletTime addresses your first question. On the eggs count, there's an encoding system they use (probably just 16-bit binary flags arranged in some way) to indicate that. If I remember my TNM installation right (been a while), 45801 indicates all 16 eggs. The info I have says to change the value to 19734 to reset it to zero.
ericjmz
Thug

Re: finished Narcissus ending;now to 'prepare' before next t

Post by ericjmz »

Thanx ggrotz!
& thank you also to all the viewers...guess I wasn't the only one with this question!

You gave me the exact answers I needed...now I can re-play the game with egg count back to zero (your memory was correct as to the binary code-# to re-set it to zero) but keep all of my extras (textures, new opengl) without a re-install of all.
...plus you gave me the option which I hadn't thought of of re-locking the sword till I performed the necessary tasks.

When I replay I'll probably go back to teaming with King Kashue next time just to switch...but I honestly like the game better when I team with Scara.

I thought of a completely new question prior to replaying...but as its unrelated to this I'll post it as a New topic.
Thank you again.
eric
ps: What a Game!!!!!!