Critical Error at the Subway!

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
LightSparda
Mole Person

Critical Error at the Subway!

Post by LightSparda »

Ok, so I am running a bought DVD copy of TNM with shifter, a few bugs now and then but nothing a good program restart wouldn't fix, but now I am completely stuck with a General Protection Fault error, after I am running away from WorldCorp (post DXI) and I have to activate the subway, when the multi-tool finish doing it's job on the panel, it just crashes. Any help?

Scenario:
http://postimg.org/image/lsefketap/
Bug message:
http://postimg.org/image/dw10uqtlj/

Btw i've tried fixing with the 1.0.4 patch but it just made the bug pop out even faster!
medzernik
NSF

Re: Critical Error at the Subway!

Post by medzernik »

LightSparda wrote:Ok, so I am running a bought DVD copy of TNM with shifter, a few bugs now and then but nothing a good program restart wouldn't fix, but now I am completely stuck with a General Protection Fault error, after I am running away from WorldCorp (post DXI) and I have to activate the subway, when the multi-tool finish doing it's job on the panel, it just crashes. Any help?

Scenario:
http://postimg.org/image/lsefketap/
Bug message:
http://postimg.org/image/dw10uqtlj/

Btw i've tried fixing with the 1.0.4 patch but it just made the bug pop out even faster!
You should have 1.0.4+ until 1.0.5 gets done. Also you wasn't playing with 1.0.4 before?!
LightSparda
Mole Person

Post by LightSparda »

I don't think so no, cuz i was able to patch it
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

That kinda looks like a pathing error. I guess you could try the "kill all" cheat to rid the map of of errant pawns. I think Yuki mentioned that Shifter and TNM might not be 100% compatible as well. A more knowledgeable person than I am may have a better clue.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
LightSparda
Mole Person

Post by LightSparda »

Yes, it's probably a pathing error, i've seen some similar posts like mine, but how do i do that, exactly?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Try the following cheat...

Code: Select all

killall wcthug
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Should definitely be fixed by 1.0.4 though. So if it only crashes faster with it... something's wrong.
Though of course the 1.0.4 fix wont be applied if the module was loaded before, so if you install the patch and use the very same save, yes, it will still crash.

Don't think 1.0.0 - 1.0.4 (or 1.0.4+) and using the same saves is a good idea at all...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Yes. DX saves the entire map into it's savegame. So if you saved before a patch it will still load the old saved version of that map. You can do the following. Go to another map, save (in a new location in case something gets messed up) then go into DeusEx\TNM\Saves and find your save (look at the "last modifed" to try and work out what folder it might be). Delete the file 22_FCSlums.dxs in the save folder. Now try and load the save again and get in there. Everything you've "done" in the slums since coming back from DXI will be lost, that is taking items, moving stuff around, etc. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

It's recommended that you delete the other .dxs files as well, but be sure you are not deleting a .dxs of a map you are currently in.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
LightSparda
Mole Person

Post by LightSparda »

Hey guys, amazingly ''killall wcthugs'' worked like magic, but i guess further testing is required. The game was crashing so fast i had to pause for the cheat to be written