It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:23 am

Forum rules

Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.

any fixes for these exploits? 
Mole Person

Post any fixes for these exploits?
I am a sucker for exploits and I tend to abuse them if I can. Even though it ruins it for me.

I notice that they fixed the inventory space glitch where you could carry unlimited stuff.

I think they have introduced a new exploit not present in the original deus ex where you can pick any lock with 1 tool even with untrained skill
(by left clicking and then hitting F1 or F2 keys for the inventory screen, then waiting a minute)

also I noticed that another mod, project2027, managed to fix grenade climbing by being able to knock planted grenades off the wall if you stand on them.

Are there any unofficial patches to fix these exploits for lockpick abuse and grenadeclimbing?
or is there something I can do with editing a .ini to change how grenades behave to how they behave in project2027?

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:42 pm
X-51

Post Re: any fixes for these exploits?
dingy wrote:
I think they have introduced a new exploit not present in the original deus ex where you can pick any lock with 1 tool even with untrained skill
(by left clicking and then hitting F1 or F2 keys for the inventory screen, then waiting a minute)

Actually that's in the vanilla Deus Ex.

Quote:
Are there any unofficial patches to fix these exploits for lockpick abuse and grenadeclimbing?

I believe that there are certain areas in TNM that you can only get to by grenade climbing that were intentionally placed in there. In addition, there's a Narcissus Event that requires you to do it.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:28 pm
Silhouette

Post Re: any fixes for these exploits?
I'm pretty sure Shifter, Human Renovation, and possibly Deus Ex 2.0 fix the lockpicking exploit.

The upcoming version of Human Renovation will fix grenade-climbing/jumping/clipping as well, although there will be an option to re-allow grenade-climbing since people seem to like it.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:00 am