Bugs

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Trasher
UNATCO

Re: Bugs

Post by Trasher »

First of all, awesome work! I've been playing TNM for 12hrs now. Every moment has been really nice. Although I must admit that I got a little frustrated with the puzzle when you're about to upload the AI to your brain. I'm not really good with puzzles heh. Anyway, I noticed a few bugs that you could take a look at.
(sorry if reported before)

I know that the doors are locked but the door that has that red circle can be passed. You can just right walk in.

...and here we are :)

Then this:

I accidently shot in that glass with the red circle on it, then i noticed that it went through the glass. I putted my legs aug on and jumped through it.

Oh, and in the excavation area, theres this invisible stripe on the ground where you can look through. It's near the "ACHTUNG! BSB HOLES" sign. lmao I laughed hard when I saw that sign :D

I think thats pretty much it. I get the "TNM not responding" a lot but I just minimize and continue playing. Funny error.

ps, one more thing, the HDTP pistol's reload animation doesnt work correctly(nothing to do with TNM I know). It goes way too fast when the reload is about to end. It's kinda hard to explain. Same goes with the new EMP-Pistol.

Thanks for the mod. It's really awesome. Now I must continue playing :P
Patrick
Thug

Post by Patrick »

Found another bug. The medical bot in the hidden room on the ground floor of the ABI office block can't handle aug upgrades, which is relevant if you get the cannister from the skinner/wrestler dude in the other building

Edit: I'm wrong, horribly and completely wrong. When I save/loaded I discovered that the bot could now handle the upgrades.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Here's some weird ones:
* possibly spoilers, I can't think of anything worth spoilering though.
Inane ramblings(Bug(s) bolded): I saw ZP in Sol's bar and I wanted to get his rifle early, so I break Kunio's chair, get behind him, and talk to him. He then proceeds to kindly stare at the wall. I keep my eye on that damn Hawaiian noob, and initiate the Kylie/ZP convo, follow him down the hall and prod him in the back of the neck about 5-8 times before he goes out. Now I carefully carried the body over by Jackie, and threw it through her(so she doesn't see him when she walks to the bar).

With this I got an EMP grenade, a knife, an easy stealth pistol, (no jumping up alleys and diging through trash for me!) and his wonderful rifle. -Early I mentioned keeping track of boss/unique weapons so that unique weapons keep their uniqueness. Does getting ZP's rifle at Sol's factor in to this?- I kind of wish I could get Kylie's too. Oh how I wish I could unleash my inner Agent 47- get a beer, drug it with laxatives, offer it to her as a toast to old times sakes, and then knock her out on the toilet. Even if it didn't work it'd make a great "my colon is augmented joke."

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get 2 bullets with my new rifle; enough to break open the security room. Jackie tells me not to go in there which might seem a tiny bit off seeing as how I just freakin broke her door and sniped it from the hallway so she couldn't really see me. How do you keep track of these intrusions? I ask because, Jackie seems to see through chairs, so I used the houseplants to block her sight as I entered the room instead. It worked the first time but she saw me on the way out. After that first failure she seemed to be triggered hostile solely from the fact that I entered the room, So I'm a little confused.

Anyway, now here's the big one after a while I gave up on keeping Jackie allied and just rushed in, got the key, and then tried to sneak past her back into the bar. She saw me and attacked me, I went upstairs and her "Kill Trestkon KILL!" ai seemed to be overwritten by her "hang out by the bar and just chill" ai. A very helpful glitch, unfortunately I did the mission that gets you some keys for Sol's, so pretty useless.(Except for being able to distract Jackie, and move ZP into the safety of the security room.

Kunio Kun Extremely exploitive glitch: Buying both aug ups when you only have one inv space causes you to lose 1000 credits and get both upgrades.(one is stacked under your top left inv space.) You can then proceed to try to buy the remaining upgrade over and over again, getting a new one each time, and losing no credits. Not sure if it works with the lung/enviro cannister.
Hmm, the aug cannister seems even more bugged: Dropped dual pistols on the ground, bought both upgrades, used both, bought aug cann(for 1k), Kunio says something after I receive the cannister and then get a second one.

Kunio: Wise choice. 1000 credits. * received Aug cann*
Trest: right, here.
Kunio: Here you are. * received aug cann*
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

JC_Helios wrote:Kunio Kun Extremely exploitive glitch: Buying both aug ups when you only have one inv space causes you to lose 1000 credits and get both upgrades.(one is stacked under your top left inv space.) You can then proceed to try to buy the remaining upgrade over and over again, getting a new one each time, and losing no credits. Not sure if it works with the lung/enviro cannister.
Hmm, the aug cannister seems even more bugged: Dropped dual pistols on the ground, bought both upgrades, used both, bought aug cann(for 1k), Kunio says something after I receive the cannister and then get a second one.
Meh i was gona report that... Well heres a screenshot since i made one.

Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

I just went into Partyzone for the second time, and recieved 300 skill points - the same problem as with the voodoo shop.

GPF going down elevator to Excavation site.
Attachments
GPF going down excavation site elevator.
GPF going down excavation site elevator.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

I got that same thing once, I was either in a map with a mil bot or I got killed by a millbot-- either way I died somehow, reloaded a save which was in a different map and got that crash.... thought it was random at the time.

A violent urge to kill all suits prevents one from mastering their voodoo. Killing the World Corp guy before his conversation with Yardbomb prevents you from being able to talk to him. Hey.... at least I wasn't eavesdropping. :-^
Last edited by JC_Helios on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

After removing Narcissus from the security loop (WC) I've run into KK on holo projector. It doesn't trigger any conversations
kk.jpg
elkston
Thug

Post by elkston »

Apologize if this has already been reported (I imagine it has). SPOILER of course:

When you finish the quest to kill the Goat Leader, the reward you receive is not what the Llama leader says in his dialogues.

Twice he says you will receive 1,000 credits, 2 weapon mods, and an Aug Upgrade. When you finish the quest, however, the safe he directs you to only has the augmentation upgrade, NOT the weapon mods.

(P.S. - those were funny dialogues, BTW).
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Alright, sorry if this has been posted before but I can not finish the "Kill the goat leader" mission, I go back for my reward and nothing happens except Abomination stating that "The ladies" love the arm-mounted Rocket Launchers and Beefman stating his reward for you when you are done...

Help?
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Just had a non-dxogg quickload CTD. I found out that this crash is actually related to just loading, not hitting the quickload button, as I loaded my save through the esc menu, and it behaved somewhat differently when it happened- the game froze, while music still played, the instant the game loaded, with my health indicator all in yellow for some reason (I was at full health, I had just left PDX after fully completing WorldCorp round 2 and was at Ravings), then after about 15 seconds it started moving all stuttery and weird then tnm.exe has experienced blah blah blah
Faulting application tnm.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x41100000

Other issues I've experienced lately:
1)
Texture error. Overlapping brushes I think.
2)
WCID upper floor office. When I opened the desk drawer it smashed the desk chair into pieces.
3)
WCID front doors. Opened, smashed the potted plant.
4)
Slicer is hostile to me. No clue why, I just freed the guy from jail. I knocked him out and decided to take him with me and dump his unconscious form at his PDX HQ desk, but I left him laying in the floor of the cargo hold to go and use the medbot before I left, and when I came back he was dead. If I had to guess a spark from a nearby disabled security bot (EMP gun owns) landed on him, but they can't damage me so I dunno what the fuck.
5)
This barrel WAS an explosive barrel. I was holding it when I used the elevator to go up to WorldCorp 1st floor, and when the level loaded I dropped that.
Attachments
tnm.rar
tnm.log
(8.44 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Not sure if this is a bug, but I've come back to the downtown area after the whole WC server mission thing and the ATM on the wall (Downtown Diner) seems to be working and accessable. It's still sparking though.

Also, I found a Phil Collins CD. The others, I can understand, but that's gotta be a bug, right? Surely you wouldn't put that in on purpose? :P
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Barrels don't actually keep their assignments over level changes: they store the barrel type as an enum (all barrels are class barrel1, but reskin and behave different depending on the assigned enum value), but it's not a travel enum, so crossing levels makes them default to brown rusty barrel.

*thinks*

Might try and fix this for HDTP, I guess.
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

General Protection Fault, See Attachments.
Attachments
criticalerror.PNG
TNM.rar
Log in a rar file. Note: Placed it in one so i didn't have to convert it to txt. forum doesn't like .log extentions
(8.59 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Not sure if this mirrored texture from one of the open buildings near the entrance to Goat City had been reported already, didn't see it listed.

Another minor thing is that even if you don't go through the vents to get to the basement in Phas' apartment block (jump aug and a trashcan on top of the vending machine to make steps), the receptionist still says that they don't appreciate people crawling around in their vents.
Last edited by Daggsy on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

I have encountered a new glitch, which is a bit more serious. When you enter the elevator in the aparment complex but enter it too slow, you get stuck between the doors and get hurt a bit, but you can still go inside the elevator itself. The inside doors won't close however. When you then keep walking through the opening against the passing doors and walls as the elevator ascents, you suddenly glitch to the ground floor of the elevator shaft and get stuck. The doors won't open from the inside out, and the elevator itself is high above you.

And btw, aren't elevators supposed to have cables attached to them which, you know, lift the whole thing?