Bugs

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Bugs

Post by Jonas »

Ooh good one, sounds like we forgot to account for his being unconscious. I'll look into it :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
BoneofMalkav
Thug

Post by BoneofMalkav »

I've experienced a small crash as well concerning the Assigning Last Button Error Message.It has only happened to me as soon as one of the bums around the fire can near the old PDX building bombsite started talking to me.Their first dialog line went through but the exe stopped responding and was stuck to the guy that was talking to me pointing at me.Clicked acouple times then the error came up.
I was looking around for a sewer entrance to sneak inside the new PDX building (working for WorldCorp,What?!Us Crazy's stick together like seagles and hammer head sharks.)

BTW Running Deus Ex GOTY
Running OpenGL With HDTP mod enabled
1280x1050 Resoution (32 Bit of course)
S3TC Enabled via INI file (is it supposed to be enabled?Figured I should to test it out or leave it like that for when New Vision's released.)
Graphics Card : (EVGA) Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
Processor : Intel CoreDuo Quad Core Processor q6600 2.40 gighz
And Playing Deus Ex with the smallest Nintendo Controler in history :P

if that doesn't help then I'll post the log file if I can figure that one out.
Last edited by BoneofMalkav on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Existence is overshadowing.Severance is forbearing. Difference is continuous. Self Destruction is imminent. Pain brings dreams to closure. Death brings Life to those unchanged by the Hues of Madness
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

Confusing barks.
When you enter the goat hideout to save the llama member, or if you are seen entering Abomination's office, the guards say "Oh my god, a dead body!" or "Oh my God, you killed him" and proceed to attack you. Very confusing.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

In the DXI images the picture ofGwog's office shows the lights having a keypad when there's actually a button there.

Speaking ofDT, when killing Athena I knocked him out again and later found Athena's secret room. Clicking the Holo-projector brought up DT but he just stood there and said nothing. What's weird is he would occasionally say his idle barks( his one about being paranoid spooked me a few times :lol: )

On a reload one time I entered the secret hiding place where the dead Llama assassin is, moved all around there and couldn't seem to get the 'helping assassination" bonus this time(or whatever it's called)

Is there anyway to.... keep track of what items Trestkon is carrying, or if he moves certain items? I ask because when I fought ZP the 2nd time and knocked him out again I'm pretty sure he was carrying "ZeroPresence's sniper rifle." Which made little sense seeing as how I had the rifle, and it seems heavily customized and unique.... not something ZP could just recreate in a day after I had stolen it from him. Same thing with Kylie I guess? if I knock her out in the bar and take her rifle should she really have it back 2-3 days later? I was thinking maybe the game could check if you are carrying the rifle, or if you carried it out of the map where you encounter ZP/Kylie and ditched it.

DD seems far too fond of his flamethrower in an area where the majority of his enemies are immune.

I doubt anything could be done, but the Denouement seemed a little weird me being chummy with people who I had knocked out, and stolen all their shit. Also I ignored Kylie's plea for "no mercy" and was disappointed to see I couldn't pick her up, and that there was no mention of her in the denouement.

The login information you get from the file cabinet in ABI( The one where the guy leaves his key there and asks the person to leave him payment in his chest) doesn't show up in goals/notes section. Also when Jonas gives me the code to the Aug containment a 2nd time it puts a blank note in that section.

The two doll sized models in ABI show up as "flowers" with the targeting aug.

Some time around finding DXO the labels on Yardbomb's teleporterno longer say what the section is, they're just green lights.

ABI ruins, where the security console and repair bot are one of the candles is floating about a foot from the wall.

Small thing, if you put a trip bomb in a rising/falling doorway and then close the door causing the mine to move, the laser will stay where the mine used to be.

EDIT: Using Kale's Seniority to convince him and the N00bz(glitch prolly happens with the other peaceful relocation options too) and then killing him results in Trestkon intimidating the N00bz into leaving. At the same time though, they will still talk as if they're leaving of their own volition and speak as if Master_Kale is still alive.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

JC_Helios, I've addressed most of the problems you've brought up, but:
JC_Helios wrote:The login information you get from the file cabinet in ABI( The one where the guy leaves his key there and asks the person to leave him payment in his chest) doesn't show up in goals/notes section. Also when Jonas gives me the code to the Aug containment a 2nd time it puts a blank note in that section.
Are you certain? I can't replicate this.
Some time around finding DXO the labels on Yardbomb's teleporterno longer say what the section is, they're just green lights.
I'm not sure what you mean. Could you get me a screenshot please?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

I am not sure if this is intentional or not but the tranquilizer mine lasers seem to have a limited range. They stop after a wile.
SGU
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

I feel bad about reporting all of there but-

If your Knife, Sword, or other like weapon is bloody it shows up as clean in a mirror.

-Later add-

Now that I think about it there is probably no way to fix this... I am not sure though.
SGU
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Felix3322 wrote:I feel bad about reporting all of there but-

If your Knife, Sword, or other like weapon is bloody it shows up as clean in a mirror.
Incredibly not worth the effort to do otherwise: for first person views you can just "draw" over the mesh repeatedly, adding blood if necessary: the weapon is the last thing drawn on screen.

For third person meshes you need to alter the base mesh texture, because it gets drawn before all that other shit, so overdraw changes would end up being drawn on top of everything else, like walls and NPCs and whatever (this would look baaaaad, btw).

So honestly: ignore it.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Jonas wrote:JC_Helios, I've addressed most of the problems you've brought up, but:
JC_Helios wrote:The login information you get from the file cabinet in ABI( The one where the guy leaves his key there and asks the person to leave him payment in his chest) doesn't show up in goals/notes section. Also when Jonas gives me the code to the Aug containment a 2nd time it puts a blank note in that section.
Are you certain? I can't replicate this.

Pretty sure, I broke the cabinet door, got the data pad and the key.. looked in my notes section for a bit and saw nothing added. As for the Jonas one, I dunno maybe I hit "add note" on accident.
I'm not sure what you mean. Could you get me a screenshot please?
Sure and some others. I had one of the orange graffiti floating a bit off the wall in downtown, a little south of Phas' I think. Forum seems to have a limit on attachments or something though.

Some others I remembered. First like 30 minutes of gameplay, some random NPCs walked into the Fanfic windows causing the alarm to go off, it was okay though... The fanfic and coffee shop seem a little unprotected though, the chance of one of the firewalls 30-50 feet away responding to alarms is rather small. Maybe add a firewall nearby or I wonder if it would be possible to have the nearby firewall have a connection to those two alarms and have him investigate if they go off?

On the 2nd day Chris did the standard introduction, seemed a bit off since we had that conversation already.

In reglation to that login info issue.. JC Monkey mentions throwing a stapler out of his cubicle; maybe just for flavor one of the bodies could be impaled in the head with a stapler? or just have a stapler laying out there?

On the 2nd day why does the diner have two keys sitting like a few feet away from each other?

Got another freeze which reminded me to mention the above. I had broken into the diner from the window, hid in the bathroom, went out and wandered around the counter, noticed a firewall investigating outside, he saw me, I hid. I waited until he gave up and continued about his patrol, I was planing to kill him as he passed the diner door, I closed it, lo and behold the firewall was by the door and got pulled into the diner by me closing it, annnnd FREEZE! Didn't attack him or anything. TNM log only had these warnings:

Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture None.None': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture None.None': Can't resolve package name
Attachments
The screwed up teleporter labels
The screwed up teleporter labels
Lamp floating in ruins
Lamp floating in ruins
Last edited by JC_Helios on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

DDL wrote:

Incredibly not worth the effort to do otherwise: for first person views you can just "draw" over the mesh repeatedly, adding blood if necessary: the weapon is the last thing drawn on screen.

For third person meshes you need to alter the base mesh texture, because it gets drawn before all that other shit, so overdraw changes would end up being drawn on top of everything else, like walls and NPCs and whatever (this would look baaaaad, btw).

That is what I figured.
SGU
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

The code for the portal ZeroPresence is using doesn't show up in notes section

One of the guards that ambush Ricemanu on the roof has an Old baton.
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

Camera in the PDX Armory likes you even if your hostile to PDX(And every other camera in there).
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

DDL wrote:

Similarly, only one of Treskton's pistols show in his reflection. :P
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

Jetsetlemming wrote:
DDL wrote:

Similarly, only one of Treskton's pistols show in his reflection. :P
Really? Hum, I had not noticed that one... *Goes to look*
SGU
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

In the mission where you have to kill the goat leader I didn't find the reward of the two weapon mods, only the aug upgrade and the money. I'm running a custom game with all placement settings set to normal.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost