Bugs

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Re: Bugs

Post by gamer0004 »

TNM crashed three times within half an hour... while I had played it without any crahses before for 2 hours!
I'm using vanilla Dx, latest patch (GotY edition) and the included openGL renderer. I changed the brightness setting to .60 or 60 (whatever they use).

This is the error message:

gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Jonas wrote:
when you turn on/off Phasmatis' TV in his apartment, his futz speech sometimes messes up, and there's a lot of lag
Yeah the lag is on purpose, we've implemented a delay in turning the TV on or off because - believe it or not - toggling it too fast used to crash the game. No idea why, but I think it was a sound thing.
Actually when I did that, my pc was lagging: it was suddenly really busy. And indeed Trestkon stopped saying his line after about the first word.
irenicus
Thug

Post by irenicus »

I don't know if it's supposed to be reported here, but as i have had the same problem like gamer0004...

TNM chrashed two times(first while loading a savegame, second in the downtown sector where it lagged a little bit until it crashed) without an error message. The third time(i wanted to build a stack to get to the stealth pistols) it gave me this message:
The attachment tnmcrash.JPG is no longer available
ps.: i really love this game so far (especially your sense of humor), even if i'm only at the very beginnig...
Attachments
tnmcrash.jpg
Last edited by irenicus on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
bananaSkill
Thug

Post by bananaSkill »

Jonas wrote:
AgentSmithereens wrote:when you alt-tab ingame, and then return to it, the colours are all messed up, and the screen goes mental
Other people have mentioned this - it's the OGL renderer. Try downloading the DX9 renderer from Chris Dohnal's site, that may work better for yo.
i can't use alt-tab for some strange reason but if i use the windows key and go back i get:
click

other than that no crashes, great job guys!
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by JC12 »

bananaSkill wrote:
Jonas wrote:
AgentSmithereens wrote:when you alt-tab ingame, and then return to it, the colours are all messed up, and the screen goes mental
Other people have mentioned this - it's the OGL renderer. Try downloading the DX9 renderer from Chris Dohnal's site, that may work better for yo.
i can't use alt-tab for some strange reason but if i use the windows key and go back i get:
click

other than that no crashes, great job guys!
That can be Fixed with Chris Dohnal's DirectX9 Renderer
It's supposed to be experimental (I think) but I've had no issues with it so far. Fixes the Alt+Tab problem. :)
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

I'm using Vista home premium DXGOTY, latest patch (goty edition), and TNM (no extra renderers)

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just some thing that happens to me, but whenever i start TNM, the screen attempts to go into fullscreen mode, but then "windows" itself on the desktop. I have to navigate into settings, display, and toggle fullscreen effects to get it to fully stretch to the ends of my monitor.

There was one time that it started up properly in fullscreen, but that's about one time out of like fifteen or twenty. I'm honestly not even sure if this is a problem, just ignore it if it isn't, and sorry if i'm wasting anyone's time.

Edit: If i try to steal the sword (and that other stick like thing) from the shop in the slums, and then try to escape through the door, the game crashes. Though, in hindsight, it definitely discourages stealing, and so a success?

Edit2: I took a closer look at what happens, and it seems that my infolink repeats "goals updated" after i've done it. It might have started after i mowed down the dark templar, i'll try to reproduce it. I got out the door (i think in between updates of the infolink) and saved. Upon trying to safely exit the game and report this, the game froze and crashed.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Another minor thing- when I talked to MasterKale in the castle restaurant, and intimidated him ('I'm going to evict your skinny ass. With violence!'), after the conversation finished he turned hostile, but turned around. Therefore he couldn't see me, and decided to carry on with his Wandering. When he eventually turned around and saw me he decided to fight me.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Ah thanks Smithereens, that's an easy enough fix. Will be in 1.0.1.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
g77gg
Mole Person

Post by g77gg »

I've been getting random crashes throughout my play through but it's been getting really bad at Aunt Betty Industries. I've tried the OpenGL renderer, the default Direct3D renderer, the software renderer and that improved Direct3D9 renderer and the same problem happens for all of them. I've also tried a full reinstall but the problem persists. Any ideas?
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

g77gg wrote:I've been getting random crashes throughout my play through but it's been getting really bad at Aunt Betty Industries. I've tried the OpenGL renderer, the default Direct3D renderer, the software renderer and that improved Direct3D9 renderer and the same problem happens for all of them. I've also tried a full reinstall but the problem persists. Any ideas?
It's probably related to the OGG music player. We're looking into it for the first patch. On the off chance that it's not the music player, could you post your log the next time it crashes? Just grab TNM.log from DeusEx\System and attach it to a post :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Added the bug about not being able to kill the goat leader to the original post and included a solution in the spoiler tag. This bug will be fixed in version 1.0.1.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
irenicus
Thug

Post by irenicus »

I have a small one for you perfectionists!

In Jonas Lab, the labflasks are invisible, but are physically existing...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Eep. Screenshot?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

I went back to the Hotel and blew up an explodey barrel to kill Trestkon again, which triggered the crash-on-death-in-hotel again. The crash happened in dxogg.dll. Here's a screenshot of the crash dialogs: http://screencast.com/t/6lyCWIUsSEQ

This is easily reproducible. Just start the game, go somewhere in the hotel, like the guards' room, where you can get killed, quicksave, get killed, and if it doesn't immediately crash, quickload. (I was quickloading immediately upon death)
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Trafalgar wrote:I went back to the Hotel and blew up an explodey barrel to kill Trestkon again, which triggered the crash-on-death-in-hotel again. The crash happened in dxogg.dll. Here's a screenshot of the crash dialogs: http://screencast.com/t/6lyCWIUsSEQ

This is easily reproducible. Just start the game, go somewhere in the hotel, like the guards' room, where you can get killed, quicksave, get killed, and if it doesn't immediately crash, quickload. (I was quickloading immediately upon death)
Mind helping us test out a fix for DXOgg.dll? Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1815
-Life does not snap to the x-axis