Bugs

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Re: Bugs

Post by Jetsetlemming »

There is an invisible blockage in front of the DXE front doors. I can't enter the building but I'm not sure I'm supposed to be able to, but I'm pretty sure the invisible lump on the ground in front of it isn't intended. I outlined it with sporks:
Trestkon starts the convo with the chick outside PartyZone looking in the wrong direction for some reason. He only turns to look at her once you select a dialog option.
A Board Guest down the street from Partyzone spawns on top a bus stop bench, and paces along it, frequently ending up looking like he's standing on thin air.
This is a box inside the Partyzone freezer behind the bartender.
The cabinets in Partyzone's offices have some issues.
Mercedes' office:
The room with the lollerskates:
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

While talking to Ghand, got a crash in galaxy.dll right after he mentioned SPORKS IN YOUR HEAD: http://screencast.com/t/SYbO5Cfw5J
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

If you stand in the second booth from the left in the shooting gallery at Raving's, he'll bitch at you for shooting constantly from the floor above you.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

The DXE door problem is due to the doors being kinda fancy-looking: when unreal calculates the mover collision, it gets it RONG, giving the impression there's a blockage there, when it's actually the doors.

The partyzone crate..is not a bug. I leave it to you to decide what that means.
HTNK
Mole Person

Post by HTNK »

Hello everyone!

I found another bug with NVShacker.
First I've done the quest with retrieving free metro pass, but knocking Alpha out resulted in a firefight in the bar. Then I went to meet NVShacker at Quick Stop. He says that he didn't want anyone to die and at the end of conversation you can choose "Fine I'll go" or "I don't think so..." .after choosing the first answer Trestkon says both of them and NVSHacker gets hostile no matter what I do.
Kayl
Thug

Post by Kayl »

I've found several NPC's not sitting correctly, I dont know if it happens randomly or in some particular places, but I've taken screenshots just in case :

Raistlin
Mole Person

Post by Raistlin »

Some early stuff I've found:
  • All the lockers in Ravings (even the ones with the INF strength lock) can easily be broken into with a sword. Only the items without INF lock strength seem to contain items, so were these other lockers supposed to not be destroyable?
  • PDX Headquarters, 2nd Floor, just outside Kashue's office - in the ladies and mens toilets, the towel racks are orientated the wrong way.
  • TNM - WorldCorp HQ, Floor 3: Character DP: If inventory is full, DP does not give player the item even after they've freed up space and spoken to him again.
    • He will hand you the item if you exit the room and go back to him, however, "use"ing him does not make him give you the item.
  • Edit: When TNM.exe crashes (usually due to loading save games too often), the game does not. However, you do get kicked to the desktop, and if you choose to close TNM.exe, then game will then close. I don't know if it's different because I have Visual Studio installed and it's asking me to choose a debugger, but i was able to tab back to the game (however, the opengl renderer is a bit goofy, and fullscreen mode stuffs up at this point; I know you guys didn't write the renderer though.)
  • Edit edit: You can bug the game up a bit if you start the training, and walk forward until the PMs start running. During the dialog, if you load up a save game, no sound effects will fire (except for NPC barks, and music.) Also, I was able to shoot people quite a few times (some killed) with them remaining green IFF and not defending, running, or acknowledging they're being shot at.
Continuity:
In Worldcorp HQ, First level: The is a data screen on the table in the eating area that mentions a data cube, should this not be a data screen ?

EDIT: Added TNM.exe crash observations.
EDIT EDIT: Added odd bug.
Last edited by Raistlin on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Discoboy
Mole Person

Post by Discoboy »

Here's my two cents. From what I played it's a lot of fun, but I'm taking a break for now. It's just too buggy to be playable. Of course I'm running it with WINE, but I actually found vanilla DX runs better in it than it did in Windows.

1. Crashes. A lot. Sometimes as often as once every few minutes. I think about a half hour is the longest I've ever got it to run at a time.

2. I've gotten the Sal's bar glitch that you mentioned.

3. WC in general is full of problems. The guards go hostile on me for no reason. First they started shooting me after the fight with Silver Dragon, even though I didn't fire a shot. Later, one of the guards was hostile for no reason that I could determine. He would then switch all the others to hostile too. If I knocked him out without anyone noticing they would go hostile when they found the body. I tried waiting them out, and they did switch back to friendly on the IFF, but as soon a they saw me they went hostile again. Finally I decided to wipe them out, and as soon as I left the building everything reset. The respawned and King gave me the first set of messages again. Also, when you finish the Silver Dragon quest is the hidden door supposed to open? I'm guessing this is a glitch.

I really hope you guys can clean these up. I did have a lot of fun in the couple hours I played.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Sol's bar's seems to have been blocked off by an impenetrable metal door. At some time earlier while I was inside Jackie came running in for no apparent reason (I didn't attack anyone and was about to leave - it was right after I jumped down from a railing, I think). (This is preventing me from going back to sell the floppy disk to what's his name)
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

I've found an Old stealth pistol and sniper rifle on the dead Llama assassin in the goat city in a secret room under one of those long buildings. Their descriptions say that they shouldn't be in TNM and I should report it as a bug. So .... I'm reporting.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Raistlin wrote:
  • All the lockers in Ravings (even the ones with the INF strength lock) can easily be broken into with a sword. Only the items without INF lock strength seem to contain items, so were these other lockers supposed to not be destroyable?
  • PDX Headquarters, 2nd Floor, just outside Kashue's office - in the ladies and mens toilets, the towel racks are orientated the wrong way.
  • TNM - WorldCorp HQ, Floor 3: Character DP: If inventory is full, DP does not give player the item even after they've freed up space and spoken to him again.
Thanks, fixed these three.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

jellyfish wrote:I've found an Old stealth pistol and sniper rifle on the dead Llama assassin in the goat city in a secret room under one of those long buildings. Their descriptions say that they shouldn't be in TNM and I should report it as a bug. So .... I'm reporting.
Whoops: Fixed.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Trafalgar wrote:Sol's bar's seems to have been blocked off by an impenetrable metal door. At some time earlier while I was inside Jackie came running in for no apparent reason (I didn't attack anyone and was about to leave - it was right after I jumped down from a railing, I think). (This is preventing me from going back to sell the floppy disk to what's his name)
Check out the first post in this thread :)

http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... 997#p36997
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Lien
Thug

Post by Lien »

Assertion failed:Playing.Channel[File:D:\prj\Clean\Galaxy\src\UnGalaxy.cpp][Line:1876] :?:

This happens when I have been playing the game and it just takes me straight to my desktop in a flash with the above message in a box.

Then I have to re-start the game to play on.
irenicus
Thug

Post by irenicus »

I have a small one for you perfectionists!

In Jonas Lab, the labflasks are invisible, but are physically existing...
Eep. Screenshot?
Here you are!
Attachments
Here i've put the flask on the floor...
Here i've put the flask on the floor...
there are 3 or 4 of them i think!
there are 3 or 4 of them i think!