Bugs

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
jellyfish
NSF

Re: Bugs

Post by jellyfish »

leviathan.jpg
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

JC_Helios wrote:Aemer: Blowing up the fence door and then climbing up the fire escape to ask Aemer if you can use his fire escape....
Alright, when you put it like that, I'll take a look at it.
jellyfish wrote:
leviathan.jpg
Oh thanks, I noticed none of our robot/monster weapons have item names - I've fixed that now, will be taken care of in version 1.0.1.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

I read the bug about not being able to get into Sol's, however, are you supposed to be banned from Sol's (or anywhere for that matter) if you simply knock someone out? I ko'ed the bouncer in Sol's and i couldn't get back in. I grenclimbed the fence and went in via the freezer, and everything seemed fine, no one was angry at me, and everything seemed normal. I left through the main exit, but that didn't jog the door out of being infinitely locked.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I ran into Sol's getting locked, too. Apparently "opensesame" doesn't stick when you leave a map and come back either, which is kinda annoying.
Dialog bug:
Treskton says "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" instead of what's written in the line.
Also later in the Quotes game AO gives a quote of "Hail to the King, Baby", and Duke Nukem is one of the options and it isn't right. Fuck you guys, Duke totally says that line in DN3d. Not just as a random one liner that you could miss either, in a cutscene. Just cause it wasn't the specific game you were thinking of doesn't make it not right. [-X
Another one:
"A long" should be "along"
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Speaking of spelling errors, isn't StarCraft one word?
NatVac
Thug

Re: Static Crackling Sound and DEP

Post by NatVac »

It may be possible to fix the presence of static in sound effects and dialogue by increasing the value for Latency (default: 40) under [Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem] in the TNM.ini file. I'm now using a value of 80, although a lower value might work just as well.

I didn't have to reinstall anything, and I have a save that consistently exhibits the static upon load when the value of Latency is 40, but doesn't have it at 80.

If this latency is what I think it is, it might be in part due to the faster processors of modern PCs. The sound buffers are being updated while they are still being read by the sound device. That would explain why running FRAPS would help.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
For those using processors with Data Execution Prevention (DEP) support, it is better to add TNM.exe to the list of exceptions than to limit DEP to Windows apps and services. In XP: Control Panel > System applet > Advanced tab > Performance Settings button > Data Execution Prevention tab > "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select" list, via the Add button.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Despite the quirks and issues of the initial release, this is one awesomely enjoyable mod. The time spent in development is evident in quite a few areas: story, weapons, graphics, dialogue, voice support, creativity, continuity. And there's lots of great humor and good music here. There looks to be some replayability, too. Thank you all for investing the time to extend our enjoyment of the Deus Ex universe! =D>
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Pimp JoJo: He seems to care a bit too much about dead firewalls being by the subway. in my old save he'd become hostile to me as soon as I entered the slums, due to two firewalls I had killed by the subway. Also he told me I was in the room when I was in the room where the power regulator password is... confused me for a little bit.

Another quick wake-er-up-er: Dark Templar acts like I committed some grand betrayal for giving him fake plans even though I had also told the Llamas where Goat city was and had knocked him(and every other goat) out just a few minutes ago. Guess those fake plans were the straw which broke the camels back. :lol:
bananaSkill
Thug

Post by bananaSkill »

Felix3322 wrote:...After about 10-15 minutes of playing my sound starts to go. First just some back ground static, then a sort of fuzzy sound, then really strong static, and ending with constant loud buzzing that blocks all other sounds...
i noticed some Soundblaster (with or without EAX support) cards have a 'driver' bug that will cause the same stuff in several games (ie. F.E.A.R.)
Leenuks
Mole Person

Post by Leenuks »

Instand death at top of ladder in "Mountain range near forum city".

When you are dropped off by helicopter at the broken bridge take the small tunnel near the big rocks.
There is a girl standing next to a ladder in the distance next to a small metal crate, its the ladder from
ground level to get to her level.

The first ladder you take from ground level, when you reach the top you die. Same if you try to go back down it.

This Ladder (SPOILER PIC)http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x274 ... Ladder.gif(SPOILER PIC)
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

I have a missing conversation entry. I've talked to the Yardbomb to get the portal mission but the conversation is missing from the log.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

JC_Helios wrote:Pimp JoJo: He seems to care a bit too much about dead firewalls being by the subway.
Fixed.
Another quick wake-er-up-er: Dark Templar acts like I committed some grand betrayal for giving him fake plans even though I had also told the Llamas where Goat city was and had knocked him(and every other goat) out just a few minutes ago. Guess those fake plans were the straw which broke the camels back. :lol:
Fixed.
Leenuks wrote:Instand death at top of ladder in "Mountain range near forum city".
...fuck.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Karvakorva
Mole Person

Post by Karvakorva »

I encountered this one when dealing with the old threats in order to activate the elevator to get out of DXI.
I threw a LAM at each terminal and hide in the computer room for the explosions and cloaked my way out afterwards. To my suprise the elevator didn't still work. I took a save and did it again and this time killed the MIBs and got PM for completing the task. It would seem to make more sense if the trigger of completing the task was bound to the terminal's rather than the NPCs.
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

Upon leaving a sublevel I've pressed a cargo elevator button to bring it down and got this error (repeatable on reload):
elevator.jpg
Lemeza
Mole Person

Post by Lemeza »

When Trying to enter the LLama temple after going to talk to Dark Templar to gain acess to Goat City, The game crashes on loading the temple.

But Only if I talk to Abom, if I sneak round him, the game doesn't crash
Last edited by Lemeza on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

jellyfish wrote:Upon leaving a sublevel I've pressed a cargo elevator button to bring it down and got this error (repeatable on reload):
elevator.jpg
Hmm, this one has been reported a couple of times, we're looking into it, thanks!
-Life does not snap to the x-axis