Bugs

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Trafalgar
NSF

Re: Bugs

Post by Trafalgar »

The door to the bathrooms in the PDX HQ is stuck half open in my game, just barely wide enough to slip through. It doesn't auto-open or auto-close anymore when I approach it, and 'opensesame' doesn't do anything to it (it isn't selectable anyways, so I guess that makes sense?). I found it like this with a guard standing in the middle of the door, and it having apparently tried to close on him, but I got him to walk out of the doorway somehow (I ran into him, tried talking to him, etc) - so, thankfully, I can slip through the b0rked door and still reach the armory.

I tried knocking him out and hiding his body in the bathroom stalls before I got him to move, but that made everyone in the same level hostile even though nobody saw me do it o_O. I guess King Kashue also has augmented hearing.
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

I threw gas grenades then Riot Prodded Zero Presence, and I got the message saying how I didn't kill him, just stunned him, but then I checked back later and he was dead?

GPF while sneaking around the slums (after leaving the excavation site).
Attachments
GPF in slums
GPF in slums
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

The subway passes say "Day pass on them" And yet you use them for more than one day....
SGU
Hogeyhead
Thug

Post by Hogeyhead »

I've beaten the game for the first time, but withought fail the game crashes as the credits begin to roll.
I went PDX, and I finnished the game by remote banning scara from the station.
bananaSkill
Thug

Post by bananaSkill »

So i just had my first CTD (dxogg.dll) (@ PDX entrance) funny tho the game is still running, if i leave the error box open and alt-tab to the game the music starts playing again.
If it happens again i'll try the one of the alternative ogg.dll

/edit: ow and btw again minor stuff: the laptop (dell blue/silver) keyboard area is mirrored, (at least i think it is).
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Found something else,

On the mission to download ShadowCode, if someone with terrible or no jump aug decides to drop down around the side of the elevator (at the start of the old server complex) once it's gotten to the bottom, I don't see any way for them to get back up.
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
Dark Reality
UNATCO

Post by Dark Reality »

Wow. OK first of all thanks for TNM, it really was worth the wait.

I mainly post over at GameFAQs, and one bug I posted about apparently is known so I won't reiterate that.

I read the first page but didn't want to read the other 10 pages (and my wife, brother-in-law, and nephew are playing Rock Band right behind me, so I can't concentrate worth a...)

1) I saved Silver Dragon from the WorldCorp basement. I killed all the guards and then told him to make a break for it. He followed me to the exit of the parking garage but didn't transition through with me. Thinking all was well, I returned to King Kashue and proceeded to chat him up about his fountain - I checked the goals and it said I still needed to free Silver Dragon! What must I do to be counted as having freed him?

2) So I returned to the basement. Silver Dragon was now hostile and began attacking me. I used God mode to evade him, hoping he'd calm down and I could speak to him again, but he never went friendly.

3) I went into the Legend menu to have a look at the flags, figured I could fix either of the above problems. Well, when you launch the Legend menu, the console window does not go away and it's impossible as far as I could tell to fix. Can't even exit the game - had to do the three-finger salute (CTRL ALT DELETE).

Thanks again for this great mod and I hope y'all get it working. In the meantime can someone from OTP give me the name of the flag I need to set to set Silver Dragon as freed, so I can continue the PDX storyline?
Do you love Off-Topic Productions and The Nameless Mod?
Join TNMST - The Nameless Mod Street Team - today.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

At the exit to the parking lot he'll stop walking forward. Talk to him and he'll give you his evidence then leave on his own. Hope you have an old save. :P
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

Talked to Jonas after returning from the excavation. I had no inv space, said "hold on, I need to drop some stuff", but the aug upgrade appeared underneath something else in the first slot. I then made a space and he gave me a second upgrade.

One of the books in the apartment downtown has everything on one page, and the text goes off the screen. (The apartment with the fire escape near Sol's Bar)

I tried knocking him out and hiding his body in the bathroom stalls before I got him to move, but that made everyone in the same level hostile even though nobody saw me do it o_O. I guess King Kashue also has augmented hearing.
The guys in PDX are constantly watching eveything you do through your eyes, since they have your HUD codes.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

DXNathan wrote:can someone from OTP give me the name of the flag I need to set to set Silver Dragon as freed, so I can continue the PDX storyline?
You'll need to add the following two flags:

QC_MAIN_SaveSD
HAS_DDHolocom

Both should of course be true.

By the way guys, I've given up on replying to every one of your bugs, but I'm fixing them as you report them. I'll update the first post with the patch notes when we build 1.0.1 tomorrow (or whenever we end up doing it).
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

On lollerskates, some of the text on them is mirrored.
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Few more minor things, possibly already dealt with:

Is there some kind of "You took everything" line for the guy in the bar who has all the upgrade canisters, or just a way to stop him speaking at all? He still initiates dialogue after you've taken all he's got (unless you do the full inventory bug thing instead).
When you get silencers on the dual pistols, would it be possible to alter the inventory picture, or the name or something so that you see that they've changed without getting them out?
In the New Server Complex - Conference Room B, The table is floating. I thought that maybe it was on purpose, but the one in the room next to it has supports, so was it just forgotton?

Meh, like I said, they're minor. Might not be worth the effort, but I thought you'd want to know all the same.
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
Zyme

Post by Zyme »

Not a big problem, unless you didn't save in awhile. Second Level of WC, entering the server room. I used the door that used only 2 lockpicks, and used a crate nearby to jump into the vent. Now once I got into the server room I was unable to get back out through the vent, because no crates around. The main door uses more lockpicks than I had, which is why I took the vent path. Need a button to open the door from the inside or have a crate in the server room so we can get out! ;)
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

On day two, i can't buzz the guy to use his fire escape even though i'd done it the previous day, and upon getting into his apartment, he acknowledges me with barks as if i'd already been there. Unless of course you're not meant to go to that area, in which case this isn't anything.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Killing Scara B. King early in the game: The Narcissus Entity game over sequence seems inconsistent.
  • If you take the elevator down after killing Scara, you get TNE on the next map load.
  • If you take the stairs down, however, you can actually make it to the streets. Further, you can re-enter WC HQ from the parking lot entrance, save Silver Dragon, and have the "dead" Scara curse at you via Infolink.
  • Occasionally while I was gassing and tranquing the guards in Scara's room, someone would open the hidden door to the private elevator. You can take it down to the parking lot, but the map exit to the streets is missing ("Teleport destination for 20_WCFloor1.Teleporter25 not found"). If you take the same elevator back up, you get TNE on the next map load.
I'm guessing from the look of things that you didn't expect players take the stairs or hidden elevator down.

I found ways to avoid certain bugs, maybe these will help you squash them:

PDXHQ Crash - Never seems to happen when I drop most of my inventory before entering (I only keep basic DX items and none of the TNM ones). Since it's been reported that the crash occurs after visiting Raving's, I suspect it's somehow related to having Trestkon's Pistols in your inventory, but I haven't tested yet.

WC Fish Tanks - I found that if you are crouching before dropping down, you can swim into the tank without any problem. If you step into the water first and THEN crouch, most of the time you wind up walking back up, but on rare occasions you'll make it into the tank but will be glued to the ceiling as you go.

Recorded message not playing on laptop (Free Subway Pass mission)- Both times it didn't play, I was crouching and standing slightly away from the laptop to avoid being spotted by the guard. This bug wouldn't be as annoying if you were allowed to play the message more than once.