Bugs

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
~MainMan~
Thug

Re: Bugs

Post by ~MainMan~ »

If you go to Evil Invasion to claim your reward for hacking Black ICE, and you have no inventory space, the second time you try (after freeing up inv. space), it doesn't remove the Goal from the F2 screen.

Also, in the space station, if you talk to Ryan, accept his offer, and then kill him afterwards, when you go up to space, Ryan is still alive and giving you orders...
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

Zyme wrote:Not a big problem, unless you didn't save in awhile. Second Level of WC, entering the server room. I used the door that used only 2 lockpicks, and used a crate nearby to jump into the vent. Now once I got into the server room I was unable to get back out through the vent, because no crates around. The main door uses more lockpicks than I had, which is why I took the vent path. Need a button to open the door from the inside or have a crate in the server room so we can get out! ;)
There is a key infront of the camera....
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

odawali wrote:Killing Scara B. King early in the game: The Narcissus Entity game over sequence seems inconsistent.
  • If you take the elevator down after killing Scara, you get TNE on the next map load.
  • If you take the stairs down, however, you can actually make it to the streets. Further, you can re-enter WC HQ from the parking lot entrance, save Silver Dragon, and have the "dead" Scara curse at you via Infolink.
  • Occasionally while I was gassing and tranquing the guards in Scara's room, someone would open the hidden door to the private elevator. You can take it down to the parking lot, but the map exit to the streets is missing ("Teleport destination for 20_WCFloor1.Teleporter25 not found"). If you take the same elevator back up, you get TNE on the next map load.
I'm guessing from the look of things that you didn't expect players take the stairs or hidden elevator down.
Are you talking about different stairs than the ones through the door to the right of the entrance to his office? Because if you try to go down those you do get teleported to the entity's little area.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Kylie Sol's KO: One minute I'm a "fuckwit" and Scara has to give me the info instead, and the next minute Kylie is awake and at the subway ready to give me the code and never mentioning me KO her. This would make sense if she was supposed to PM me about DXO or something, but Kylie's unconscious body is still in the bar....

What about a "home, sweet home." skill bonus for returning DDL to his cage? :lol: As TG stated killing him would be pretty senseless, but returning him actually would serve some purpose... and it is a challenge keeping the body alive. Too bad you couldn't play 'slaver'/delivery boy and deliver any random body/important PDX folk to be interrogated/experimented on for skills/money. :twisted:
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

When using the lollerskates and entering a new map while they are active and then going back to the previos map seems to make the game think you are still using the lollerskates, even though they are gone.

this caused me to be lollerskated permenantly, it is making the game rather hard to play, I must admit.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

@ Jaedar: stopskates

Kylie's rifle + silencer= mute

The Despot trap where you activate a thingy and two doors open with karks. The doors are frobbable(even have the "unlocked" square) and when you open them this way, you aren't locked in
HungryBoar
Mole Person

Post by HungryBoar »

Hey not sure if anyone else has this problem, but the game crashes in the gamespy spacestation, AI area, after the tiny alien and whenever I reload it it crashes after about 5 seconds. It's pretty consistent, as it's crashed in my inventory as well. It's a problem because I just saved before it crashed.
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

In the reward for killing the Goat leader, the two weapon mods are missing.

In ABI, I looked at one of the bots with vision aug and it said:
securitybot2
Weapon: Default weapon REPORT THIS AS A BUG
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

When I entered the voodoo shop for the fourth time or so, returning the items he wanted for his side quest, I got a 250 skill point "exploration" award. I gave him the items, left to get my DTS left outside (I had been dumping the items as I found them outside his door due to limited inventory space, needed to drop my sword to pick up everything), and came back in, and I got a 250 point "Who do? YOU do!" award that sounded like it was supposed to be for finishing that sidequest.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

PDX server mission: One of the books in fliorian(some big f name) is just a "book"... Should I report everything that gives the "there's nothing interesting to read"? Because bebilquix's house has one("augs in PDX" I think.) Anyway, back on subject.. to access the security rooms first theres one key pad, which leads to 3 other keypads. I hacked the middle keypad, and the branching path lead to two more keypad locked doors, except when I walk close to them they opened automatically. Eric says "GETM", not "GITM", I know it's voice acting and can't be touched but.... yeah.

On the subject of things which you most likely won't/cant do/fix:Anyway of making it where you can get ammo from guns laying around without(having room to) picking them up? TNM has a lot of weapons just laying around(playing with abundant items right now) and it's a little annoying having to drop ZP's/Kylie's guns every time I find a SR/AR in order to get their ammo.
[*]Also I found myself dreading conversations a lot. Not because they were bad or anything but because I often run around with a lot of augs on and I turn a corner and BAM! 5 minute dialog, energy depleted. Sure, I could click through it all, but I like the reading/voice acting. Maybe have conversations deactivate augs, or enable the player to turn augs on/off during convo?
[*]I don't expect either to be done but figured itwasworth mentioning.
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

When logged in as fargo in the old DXI place where you have to delete the old threads, the command prompt lets you delete all the folders except sys. It tells you "Acces Denied" when you try to delete each one, but they still get removed. If you dir afterwards, they are no longer there.

Also, it's possible to destroy the consoles and run from the MIBs like a big chicken, but the elevator won't work.
Last edited by Daggsy on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

A few minor things. After you find and (choose to) massacre DXO KK's barks, upon reporting back, speak as if he's about to make an alliance.

The outro between the slums and ABI in the PDX route isn't skippable. The intro to ABI works fine.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

JC_Helios wrote:Kylie Sol's KO: One minute I'm a "fuckwit" and Scara has to give me the info instead, and the next minute Kylie is awake and at the subway ready to give me the code and never mentioning me KO her. This would make sense if she was supposed to PM me about DXO or something, but Kylie's unconscious body is still in the bar....
Could've sworn we fixed that one. :(
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

A big one: You can still pick up foons and sporks when you're at 25 max ammo. The picked up supplies vanish without a trace when you do.
:(
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Isn't that part of the whole duplicate items thing? Same thing happens if you have a pistol or something and pick up another. It just vanishes.
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.