Critical Error: Can't bind to native class

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Re: Critical Error: Can't bind to native class

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Installing the Visual C++ package got TNM to run and now the point's moot as he doesn't care anymore. He skipped training and the intro cutscene, played around in the apartments, and got killed by the guards in the control room, and declared he liked Deus Ex better. He loaded Deus Ex, skipped the intro, got a sniper rifle from Paul, ran forward, got killed by a couple NSF, and shut the game down and started playing random music.

...:|
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Time to subject him to some re-education.

Failing that, disown him.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

I've installed VC++ 2008 SP1 redistributable, but TNM still does now works, the error message is same as in topic title...

Any suggestions ?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Are you certain it was installed correctly? It seems to fail a lot without telling you about it. Apparently their installer is rubbish.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

After a reboot he started playing DX again today and it worked fine. Random fluke I guess.
Don't think he's gonna go back and try TNM again though :(
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

His loss then. Besides choosing the sniper rifle at the beginning is complete noob. You can get one from the NSF guy to the left of the statue entrance like 5 minutes later.

The GEP gun is always the best way to make a silent take down. ;)
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

Jonas wrote:Are you certain it was installed correctly? It seems to fail a lot without telling you about it. Apparently their installer is rubbish.
Oh, i've downloaded Russian and English versions of the VC++ 2008 Redist, installed and uninstalled them both, then installed English version and now TNM works! :shock: :D :D
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hahah I'm glad to hear it, sorry it had to be such a bother.

I hope you'll enjoy the mod. And remember to patch it first!
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
NatVac
Thug

Post by NatVac »

It may be that this Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable installer does not run on Windows 9x PCs: Windows 95/98/98SE/ME.

See this topic: Can't bind to native class DXOgg.DXOgg

This implies that the game, if it truly depends on this update, will require Win2K or later to run.

Edit: It may be that the update is only needed for the NT-class versions of Windows. It would be nice to hear from some Win98/98SE/ME users who are running TNM with no problems to confirm this.
Alfredtrek88
Mole Person

Post by Alfredtrek88 »

Hello there...I was very excited to try out this mod as there is a bunch of praise around and I remenber popping around here once when in the look out for Deus Ex mods some time ago. Anyhow, I left my laptop downloading the ISO file all night but then found out I have this very same problem..! The thing is...i am on a Mac and I use a software called Crossover Games to deal with Windows games. I managed to install Deus Ex and it runs perfectly. I ran the TNM installer just fine but once I attempt to run it I get this error...but since I am dealing with a Mac and that Crossover software I dont think the current solution will work....is there no other solution to this problem? I would really like to try this mod out... :(
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

The problem is that you need the vcredist_x86.exe to install on the bottle with TNM.
First of all you did install Deus Ex and TNM on the same Bottle right?
And you did run Deus Ex before you installed TNM right?

What you can try and do is download the regular Crossover Trial which should let you have more control over bottles.
And use the trial to try and install the Visual C++ redistributable exe on the same bottle as Deus Ex and TNM. Then run the bottle through Crossover games.
That MIGHT work.
If it doesn't there is a "Manage Bottles" option on the Crossover and Crossover Games launch windows. Clicking on it should give you a couple of options to fool around with, especially under the advanced tab.

If all else fails just install a windows partition, boot from it and play Deus Ex + TNM natively. :P
If you don't know how to do that go to ./Applications/Utilities/Boot Camp Assistant.app and have a windows installation CD ready.
BoneofMalkav
Thug

Post by BoneofMalkav »

the microsoft installer installed sweetly first time (checked the logs to make sure)
Jcelios wrote:His loss then. Besides choosing the sniper rifle at the beginning is complete noob. You can get one from the NSF guy to the left of the statue entrance like 5 minutes later.

The GEP gun is always the best way to make a silent take down. ;)
Welcome to the Coalition PROD! :P
Existence is overshadowing.Severance is forbearing. Difference is continuous. Self Destruction is imminent. Pain brings dreams to closure. Death brings Life to those unchanged by the Hues of Madness
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

Might as well start using coke.

By the way Denton... the original video's been removed but is reposted here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxi7JRJrod4
mouse
Mole Person

Post by mouse »

Hi folks,

I'm trying to run TNM on DX GOTY edition and I'm getting this error on Windows XP SP2:

C++ 2005 redist is installed correctly (as confirmed by system logs), I've tried restarting, reinstalling DX, reinstalling TNM, reinstalling the C++ redist... I've run out of ideas. Anything else I should try?
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

The patches?