Big errors! (I think this may be OpenGL related??)

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
chrisssf
NSF

Big errors! (I think this may be OpenGL related??)

Post by chrisssf »

Hey guys, I'm not too sure but i think this is the error that usually comes with something going wrong when i try to use openGL...

I open TNM.. got the native error but i patched it, ok that was done, so i load it up again and i can hear the music, but all i see are white patches with a black background, nothing is responsive and when I force close , i get this error:

I'm using the Deus Ex GOTY version
graphics card is ati radeon 9600xt

while i eagerly await your response i'm gonna see what i can do about this... :P
chrisssf
NSF

Re: Big errors! (I think this may be OpenGL related??)

Post by chrisssf »

Ok I did a uninstall and fresh reinstall (leaving TNM,) But now its epically laggy when it loads, like unbearably. This was similar to another game I played where the 32-bit windowed version would lag like this, so i swapped to the 16-bit version and things were fine. But now, things are still really frame laggy. :S
Moonbo
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Moonbo »

Do you have the same lag issues w/ vanilla DX?

-Gelo
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Do you have the same problem if you don't use OpenGL?
chrisssf
NSF

Post by chrisssf »

Uhh.. Vanilla DX? I'm guessing you're referring to just normal DX - then no, I don't have any lag issues, 16 or 32 bit (fullscreen or windowed that is).

If I use OpenGL on normal DX I get the same error as I've posted in the first post.

And to further compound issues:

Once I install TNM after Deus Ex (I.e. Install DX first, TNM second) - I get the weird white error as in first post
If I then uninstall DX and leave TNM, reinstall DX (i.e. TNM first, DX Second), it gives me the weird error as in second post.

I might just play on my laptop that will run dx, at 1.6ghz with no graphics card, rather than my silly computer at 2ghz with a graphics card... it'll probably work on my laptop haaha
Moonbo
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Moonbo »

Don't forget that you need to launch DX at least once before you install TNM.
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon
chrisssf
NSF

Post by chrisssf »

Ive done that every time. :S

Oh and it is patched to 1112fm, I was playing the malkalvian mod last week

Edit:

Sort of fixed now!
Went to the TNM.ini and changed my rendering device manually from OpenGL.OpenGLRenderingDevice or whatever to D3D. But now I'm outputting weird resolutions. if anyone has any clear cut fixes for me that would be awesome :D/

Edit again:

It's reverted back to normal. Everything works fine, so far..... thanks for the uh, help. haha!