Installing The Nameless Mod from the .exe

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Kee715
Illuminati

Re: Installing The Nameless Mod from the .exe

Post by Kee715 »

Trestkon wrote:Vista
Yes, Vista has a MASSIVE number of problems, and I have found and experienced most of them :(

[rant]Damn I hate Vista, it gave me trouble with TNM as well.

My Vista comp is horrible, it has less than 1GB of RAM, I always thought that 512MB of RAM wouldst sufficient for next to everything, especially since I grew up with Win95, Win98, WinME, and then WinXP. I soon realized that the new Windows OS was not cool or awesome, but a piece of sh*t crammed into a box with some new transparency & glass effects. So then I was left with a slow ass piece of sh*t that couldst barely handle ANY relatively modern game, even Deus Ex, which we ALL know is not "modern", can not run on max settings, even without any of the new texture packs, and it can not handle EITHER OpenGL renderer O.o

Well eventually I got TNM and thought that my comp might be a bit less sh*tty if it had the BEST MOD EVER installed on it, it just gave me a headache. First I got the "Can't bind to native class" error thing, so I have to download the C++ thing or whatever at 1am due to having to deal with f*cking Hughesnet (Look it up, I do not want to leave a massive wall of text), I was tired when I got it so I went to bed, I got up the next day and installed the C++ thing, and then it asks me what renderer to use, I use the new OpenGL renderer, well that failed harder then a DVD Rewinder, I got the Black & White graphical artifact thingies (I think I may have been the first to get that, but not the first to report it, sorry), so I FINALLY upgrade to the D3D9 renderer that night (Okay, next morning at 1am) and changed the renderer manually, and FINALLY IT F*CKING WORKS!!!!

Then it lags, and lags, so I turn EVERYTHING down to the minimum possible setting minus the resolution, ANYTHING lower then 1024x768 cuts (Or cutted, I do not remember if you all fixed that) off the text, leaving it to go off screen and you can not see WTF is there.

Then the audio went all sketchy and stuttery, (Figures PERFECTLY into the f*cking equation does it not?), I went 2 weeks before I was able to fix that by lowering the COMPUTER's audio sampling rate or whatever to CD quality.

In other words: Stay the f*ck away from Vista, it fails harder than a DVD Rewinder.
[/rant]