Installing The Nameless Mod from the .exe

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Installing The Nameless Mod from the .exe

Post by Trestkon »

And did you run it as the administrator?
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Sajuuk
Mole Person

Post by Sajuuk »

If you're talking about the default account, then one which is created during windows' installation, then yeah, I have. However, it didn't work. It's soooo damn sad for me, I love TNM like mad...
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

What's the exact size of your .exe? It might be corrupt.
Sajuuk
Mole Person

Post by Sajuuk »

It's 922mb, both on the ISO and .exe version. Thus I doubt it may be corrupt. However...while it's iconless...hmmm...

Checking...the exact exact size is 922mb, no more, no less. Anything wrong? I've downloaded it using a download accelerator so it got it by parts...hmmm could it be that?
Ricky
Thug

Post by Ricky »

I downloaded TNM last week, and although i suspect this is just my computer, every time i try to install it, the installer doesn't come up and my pc just crashes. I've downloaded it twice now, and its at 922 mb and it doesn't have the icon either. I've tried everything you've said in the thread, trying it while Deus Ex is working, running as admin, etc. Is there anything i can do, or for the very worst case scenario, just leave it?
Stand up for what you believe in, even if you're the only one standing.
bananaSkill
Thug

Post by bananaSkill »

My installs just fine.
my .exe installer is exactly:
967 057 777 bytes (file size NOT size on disk)
and my MD5: 9387F51F3B3EEB8C14CD664BE396781C
you can check your md5 with something like this: http://www.mget.nl/download.html
if its corrupted maybe its a good thing to post the url where you downloaded your file so someone can delete it if its wrong on the server.
Zyme

Post by Zyme »

I had the same problem but got an NSIS error, when the installer was checking the file, but since the file was the right size I just made a shortcut and used the target "C:\path-to-tnm-installer\TheNamelessMod.exe" /NCRC so I could bypass the NSIS check. Some people who have the non visible icon and the right size should try to install this way.
NatVac
Thug

Post by NatVac »

[color=#BF0000]Zyme[/color] wrote:I had the same problem but got an NSIS error, when the installer was checking the file, but since the file was the right size I just made a shortcut and used the target "C:\path-to-tnm-installer\TheNamelessMod.exe" /NCRC so I could bypass the NSIS check. Some people who have the non visible icon and the right size should try to install this way.
A caveat: If there is a CRC error being reported, then the installation may be suspect if you bypass the test. It can be the same size, but there might be bits flipped in the file. That's probably not a big deal if the bits are in text or non-critical textures, but if they are in the executables, the game will likely crash.

I suggest first performing the MD5 checksum as bananaSkill noted. Check Wikipedia for MD5 (cryptography) and md5sum (program) for more info.
Zyme

Post by Zyme »

Well I've played a good bit of the mod so far without noticing any problems, hopefully it stays that way. :mrgreen:
Ricky
Thug

Post by Ricky »

I managed to get it to start installing, but it told me it was corrupt once it reached 57% or so. Going to redownload it tomorrow or Saturday, which will hopefully get it working.
Stand up for what you believe in, even if you're the only one standing.
Lucius DeBeers
Thug

Post by Lucius DeBeers »

YES! I got the mod to work. I also had a problem with the "cant bind to native class" or whatever, downloaded that thingy, and now it works. Great game, guys!

Thanks for the help.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Lucius DeBeers wrote:YES! I got the mod to work. I also had a problem with the "cant bind to native class" or whatever, downloaded that thingy, and now it works. Great game, guys!

Thanks for the help.
Awesome! What did you end up doing to get it working?
Lucius DeBeers
Thug

Post by Lucius DeBeers »

Well, Trestkon, It turns out a while back I had to clear my whole hard drive, and I put all of my programs and files onto an external hard drive, then I moved them all back after my hard drive was wiped, not re installing any programs, just putting the files back. I went back to playing DX, but it couldnt save, and then TNM wouldnt work after installing correctly. Turns out when I put the DeusEx folder back, not all of the files were there. Re installed DeusEx and I (and DeusEx saves, and TNM!) was golden.
bootwhistle
Mole Person

Post by bootwhistle »

Greetings,

I managed to install from .exe onto Vista but it had some quirks so thought I'd share in case others had similar problems.

Well when I first tried to click on the .exe to install there was a brief load sign then nothing... I checked the task manager and could see the Mod running but there was no interface... no use of CPU it just sat there.
Deciding on the patient approach I just did a few other tasks and after about 5 minutes got the wonderful Vista security pop up asking if I should trust the mod... well, I figured - why not! The mod installed without a problem after that.

So if you are trying to install it on vista wait a bit if nothing seems to be happening, sometimes patience leads to successful mod install.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Yeah, the Vista security stuff can cause weird little problems, glad you got it installed, though :D