Release Party Pooper

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Release Party Pooper

Post by Trestkon »

hozz wrote:I CANNOT BELIEVE IT, IT WORKED!

TNM is starting :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So the solution to the error is (for me at least):
When applying 1.112 patch, at the end of the install procedure, you are asked if you want to overwrite some .u files. Select "No" for each.

Hopefully there won't be crashes due to the semi-applied patch, but for now it looks good =P~ =P~ =P~

Thansk for all the help.

Helga, I'm coming for you :P
Great to see you got it working! Do you happen to remember which two files it wanted to overwrite?
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Frankguy
Thug

Post by Frankguy »

Hallelujah! Praise the Goat! It works. I thought that I had tried saying no to all of those changes but I must not have done it right.
I just tried it again and the patch works. Then I had to download that C++ Redistributable Package but now the mod runs. What a nice opening! I'll be playing it as soon a I have a few hours of spare time.

Thank you all.
hozz
Thug

Post by hozz »

That were more than 2 files, but all .u type. I can make a list if someone really needs to know, right now I'm happy everything is running 8)

Also, Frankguy is right: my efforts included installing the visual c++ thingie, so that MAY also be necessary.
Frankguy
Thug

Post by Frankguy »

My new system has also given me a garbled sound in Deus Ex which I fixed by setting Latency=60 in the DeusEx.ini file but I had to set Latency=80 in the "\DeusEx\TNM\System\TNM.ini" file to get the garbled sound out of the mod. Now it sounds great.
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:UT_ ... ooting_FAQ
Last edited by Frankguy on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NatVac
Thug

Post by NatVac »

FWIW: I also had to install the Visual C++ 2008 SP1 runtime package, the one specifically linked in the "Critical Error: Can't bind to native class" sticky thread.
[color=#BF0000]Frankguy[/color] wrote:My new system has also given me a garbled sound in Deus Ex which I fixed by setting Latency=60 in the DeusEx.ini file but I had to set Latency=80 in the "\DeusEx\TNM\System\TNM\DeusEx.ini" file to get the garbled sound out of the mod. Now it sounds great.
That's a good suggestion, Frankguy, but the file you meant is \DeusEx\TNM\System\TNM.ini.

This fix is also mentioned in this post in the Bugs thread. That same post also has a qualifying comment about Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
Frankguy
Thug

Post by Frankguy »

NatVac wrote:
[color=#BF0000]Frankguy[/color] wrote:My new system has also given me a garbled sound in Deus Ex which I fixed by setting Latency=60 in the DeusEx.ini file but I had to set Latency=80 in the "\DeusEx\TNM\System\TNM\DeusEx.ini" file to get the garbled sound out of the mod. Now it sounds great.
That's a good suggestion, Frankguy, but the file you meant is \DeusEx\TNM\System\TNM.ini.

This fix is also mentioned in this post in the Bugs thread. That same post also has a qualifying comment about Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
Thanks for the diplomatic correction. You're right of course. I edited a change so as not to confuse anyone.