Game not starting

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
superfod
Mole Person

Game not starting

Post by superfod »

I am running a digital downloaded version from D2d. I ran the game and then installed the nameless mod. When I tried to start the mod I got the following error message.

ReadFile beyond EOF 1523713+1523713

History:ULinkerLoad::Serialize <-FGenerationInfo<<
<-FUnrealfileSummary<<<-LoadSummary<-ULinkerLoad:
:ULinkerLoad<-UObject::GetPackageLinker<-UObject:
:StaticLoaClassDeu7sEx>DeusExGameEngineNULL<-UObject:
:StaticLoadClass<-InitEngine

Any ideas?

Thanks
Superfod
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Game not starting

Post by Trestkon »

superfod wrote:I am running a digital downloaded version from D2d. I ran the game and then installed the nameless mod. When I tried to start the mod I got the following error message.

ReadFile beyond EOF 1523713+1523713

History:ULinkerLoad::Serialize <-FGenerationInfo<<
<-FUnrealfileSummary<<<-LoadSummary<-ULinkerLoad:
:ULinkerLoad<-UObject::GetPackageLinker<-UObject:
:StaticLoaClassDeu7sEx>DeusExGameEngineNULL<-UObject:
:StaticLoadClass<-InitEngine

Any ideas?

Thanks
Superfod
Hmm, I assume that regular DX runs fine? I suggest trying a reinstall of both DX and TNM to rule out the possibility of corrupt files..
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
superfod
Mole Person

Post by superfod »

I already did that with the same results and the regular Deus Ex plays fine.

superfod
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Hrm, maybe it does have something to do with the D2D version. I'm going to have to think about this and see what I can come up with. Did you install the patch?
superfod
Mole Person

Post by superfod »

My version of Deus Ex is 1112f and I am running the latest version of vcredist.

Thanks
superfod
Holo121
Mole Person

Post by Holo121 »

I'm getting the same error. I also purchased and downloaded my copy of Deus Ex: GOTY Edition off of Direct 2 Drive. My current version is listed as v1.112fm and am also running the latest version of vcredist.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Can you try reinstalling the 1112fm patch? Then remove tnm.exe and create a copy of deusex.exe which should be renamed to tnm.exe, this way you'll have the 'official' 1112fm version, maybe D2D did something to their version that causes incompatibilities.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

TNM.exe is our own executable though, it doesn't just copy D2D's version like most other mods would.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Then leave out the copy steps ;)

I'd still try to reinstall the patch though, to get rid of anything D2D specific.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Yep, install the patch, that will likely fix it, but if not let us know!
Citizen86
Thug

Post by Citizen86 »

I have the D2D version, had the same problem after installing TNM. I installed the patch and that did not fix the problem and broke Deus Ex as well. I might uninstall both, install Deus Ex, patch, then install TNM, although I don't know if that will help....
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Citizen86 wrote:I have the D2D version, had the same problem after installing TNM. I installed the patch and that did not fix the problem and broke Deus Ex as well. I might uninstall both, install Deus Ex, patch, then install TNM, although I don't know if that will help....
That's our default solution to everything. If you try that and it still doesn't work at least we know exactly where you're at for debugging.
Citizen86
Thug

Post by Citizen86 »

Trestkon wrote:
Citizen86 wrote:I have the D2D version, had the same problem after installing TNM. I installed the patch and that did not fix the problem and broke Deus Ex as well. I might uninstall both, install Deus Ex, patch, then install TNM, although I don't know if that will help....
That's our default solution to everything. If you try that and it still doesn't work at least we know exactly where you're at for debugging.
Right, sorry, I wasn't implying that it was. Just that I tried that and it didn't work.

There is someone at hardforum.com that says he has the d2d version, he patched it, downloaded and installed the Visual C++ program, installed TNM and it runs fine. I tried the same thing and still getting the same error as the first post. Not sure where to go from here.
Citizen86
Thug

Post by Citizen86 »

Well, I guess we can assume that the D2D version has something different from the regular version, which causes an error when it's run as the standard version, IE when the patch is installed...

If it makes any difference, it is GOTY edition. It's here:
http://www.direct2drive.com/78/product/ ... n-Download
Citizen86
Thug

Post by Citizen86 »

Oh yeah, sorry for the spam, but it doesn't work with ANY rendering. directx, software, opengl, all give the same error.