Low Frame Rate.

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Bokaj
Mole Person

Low Frame Rate.

Post by Bokaj »

I got TNM working after installing the Visual C++ redistributable. So far it looks fantastic. The only thing I've noticed is that I definitely have significantly worse FPS than in normal Deus Ex. I have a 2.4 ghz Pentium 4 and a 7600GT and normal Deus Ex runs absolutely silky smooth on the highest settings with all the anti-aliasing etc on. I'm just wondering, is this normal for TNM ( because its doing more than the engine can handle)? The framerate is definitely playable, but I haven't been in any big firefights yet, so it could be an issue with more happening on the screen.
Bokaj
Mole Person

Re: Low Frame Rate.

Post by Bokaj »

I tried changing settings just to see if it made any difference. Changing between Direct3D and OpenGL made no noticeable difference to the framerate. Strangely changing between the highest settings for my video card ( with anti-aliasing on etc.) and the lowest settings, also made not noticeable difference.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: Low Frame Rate.

Post by DDL »

TNM maps are substantially bigger than any of the original DX maps, and often with more on the screen at once, too.

So yes: slowdowns are a possibility. Do you have detail textures on? These add a surprising amount of rendering overhead (since it effectively has to draw every texture multiple times).