Aquainas Hub denying me playing greatest game

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
RealLeonWoods2045
Thug

Aquainas Hub denying me playing greatest game

Post by RealLeonWoods2045 »

Please note, I am new to the forum, and I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place. It should also be noted in my problems that I never had these problems in my previous installations of this epic.

My first problem is: I downloaded your TNM mod several hours ago. I decided to uninstall and reinstall Deus Ex for a fresh start. But when I allow the program to install to create the default folder DeusEx, I get this within seconds of started installation...

Critical Error
Failed opening destination file: C:\DeusEx\System\DeusEx.exe (Access is denied.)
The destination drive might be full, or it might have bad sectores.

The only way I can work around this is to install in another folder. But why is this happening?

My second problem is: When I start regular Deus Ex, it is windowed (boxed) and even though I then go to Toggle Fullscreen Mode, it acts like I never touched it. I mean it doesn't go to fullscreen. Even when I access the top bar of the window box it doesn't do anything. I can only change the resolution from the 680 to the one higher but not 1260. Before I reinstalled today, I could play Deus Ex in full screen. I have tried reinstalling Deus Ex twice today, and still it is not working.

Please anyone help in any way they can, even suggestions. Deus Ex is 100% greatness. And I am sure your mod goes far beyond INFINITY.

If nothing can be done, blame the Aquainas Hub. I'm looking at you, Illuminary Bob Page. Viva NSF!
RealLeonWoods2045
Thug

Re: Aquainas Hub denying me playing greatest game

It should also be noted that I delete the remaining DeusEx folder...or its host folder...every time I uninstall.

...Did you hear that? I think I hear one of those silent stealth helicopters!?
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

How did you get your copy? I assume you can get on the boat...

I have no idea what could be wrong, sorry :(
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Are you on Vista or XP? Try right clicking Setup.exe and going to Run as Administrator.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
RealLeonWoods2045
Thug

Solved: It turned out, through four hours of searching and cursing MJ-12. I found out it was my computer lacking InstallShield Wizard. I found that out when I couldn't install ANY GAMES. Thank you all for your support, even when you have so many questions and thank yous to go through.

I have played this for five hours. Sorry for the late reply because of it...I think you all can understand....I think Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex 3 has some competition with TNM.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Ah, glad you sorted it out! I hope you enjoy your first playthrough :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
RealLeonWoods2045
Thug

I retrieved InstallShield Wizard from their website. But they don't mention that it doesn't start working until after you reset your computer...Imagine my happy surprise.

Once again, this game was worth the wait is even better with each time I start it.