see through world bug+sound bug

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
pitchblack
Thug

see through world bug+sound bug

Post by pitchblack »

I'm in dxi, walking around next to the bunker looking building near the bsp holes and i found a small sliver where i could see through the map. i know this is not very serious but i thought i should post this.

Edit: a little while later in dxi my sound completely broke i a conversation. Id say which one but i dont want to post spoilers.
it was fine most of the way through but it broke killing voice and leaving a repeating sound that was annoying.
Last edited by pitchblack on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: see through world bug

Post by Trestkon »

Thanks pitchblack! We'll look into it, although it's unlikely we'll fix that one. Fixing those things (especially in DXI!) often results in other, WORSE holes :p
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: see through world bug+sound bug

Post by Jonas »

pitchblack wrote:Edit: a little while later in dxi my sound completely broke i a conversation. Id say which one but i dont want to post spoilers.
Would you mind sending me a PM with that please?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
pitchblack
Thug

Post by pitchblack »

Jonas that very well may be something wrong on my end. my computer doesn't have the best track record so I do not want to attempt to recreate a bug that i have no idea how it happened.(sorry if thats confusing)

If anyone else wants to try to break their sound you can try it while talking to the ghost guy before you meet slicer (the admin of deus ex incarnate i believe)
JoeF5050
Mole Person

Post by JoeF5050 »

I too had a sound glitch which resulted in the entire game just quitting. I was due west of sol's bar and i was just swinging my sword around and then suddenly noticed the swoosh sound wasn't playing and then it just died. Reminds me of the same kind of resource glitch the engine has when too many entities/sounds are triggered, it'll just drop them and sometimes will crash.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hmm there are a lot of sound effects in the Downtown district, could be I should cut down on them a bit.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JoeF5050
Mole Person

Post by JoeF5050 »

just noticed im not getting any footsteps sounds in the corporate district, however upon restarting the game it fixed it.
vorob
Mole Person

Post by vorob »

Also notices when there are a lot of sounds they are glitching...
pitchblack
Thug

Post by pitchblack »

This was the first time i noticed a sound glitch, it may vary from computer to computer though.