Event viewer --> galaxy.dll ?

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
vins84
Mole Person

Event viewer --> galaxy.dll ?

Post by vins84 »

I was using the event viewer, just for fun and I saw this (I'm traslating, it's in french...) :

Faulting Application : tnm.exe
Faulting module : galaxy.dll

Mmmh, if I recall well, it was when I talked to the crasy guy (with Teddy) and the game crashed....
Maybe it was avast or threat fire updating himself and the game crashed because of that....
(Once, the game frozen because I went on the desktop with the Windows button)
And I have the loading save error coming from dxogg.dll too (but it's know...)
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Event viewer --> galaxy.dll ?

Post by Trestkon »

Hmm, not sure about that one, we'll see what we can dig up, thanks!
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hmm galaxy.dll is a sound crash.

Could you make sure your sound drivers are up-to-date please?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

I had posted one galaxy.dll crash and where and when it happened in the bugs thread. I don't think I can update my sound drivers any further; They can't (read: the company strongly advises against (for stability reasons, IIRC)) be updated from generic drivers - they can only be updated by updating the motherboard drivers, which don't have any further updates.

It was while talking to Ghand. That's the only galaxy.dll crash I've had, personally (I check them all when they occur, not in the event log).
Trafalgar wrote:While talking to Ghand, got a crash in galaxy.dll right after he mentioned SPORKS IN YOUR HEAD: http://screencast.com/t/SYbO5Cfw5J
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by JC12 »

Had the same problem not long ago, it isn't frequent but I guess it's another thing to try and flatten out. I can't update my sound drivers either so that's out of the picture.

My only uneducated guess is that the Galaxy.dll (Deus Ex's default playback) is somehow conflicting with the Dxogg.dll? I doubt it but that's all I can think of unless it's just a dodgey file. :lol: