All I get is the 'normal' Deux Ex game

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
itsonlydanny
Thug

All I get is the 'normal' Deux Ex game

Post by itsonlydanny »

Hi,

I've just installed TNM - on XP Home. I have the Game of the Year Edition of Deux Ex - with the high-definition texture pack. Played the whole game through once. Works perfectly. Etc.

However, when I go to play TNM I just get the 'normal' Deux Ex game. Am I missing the obvious? Does it start off like the 'normal' game?

Any assistance appreciated?

My Tech Specs are below. I scoured the User Control Panel, but I just could not find anywhere to make a Signature:

Thanks,

DANNY

*******************************************************************************************************************************
XP Home+Vista Ultimate (32-bit) \ Intel E6750 @ 3.47 \ Abit IP-35 Pro \ Antec 900 Ultimate Gamer \ Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro \ 4 X 1GB Corsair PC2-6400 XMS \ XFX 8800GTS 320mb @ 575-1352-902 \ Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB \ Samsung SH-S223 \ Corsair CMPSUHX 620w PSU \ Digimate 22" L-2248WD
XP Home+Vista Ultimate (32-bit) \ Intel E6750 @ 3.47 \ Abit IP-35 Pro \ 2gb Corsair XMS (800mhz) \ XFX 8800GTS 320mb \ Corsair CMPSUHX 620w PSU
terthos
Thug

Re: All I get is the 'normal' Deux Ex game

Post by terthos »

Have you tried clicking on the TNM desktop icon?
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

The normal game won game of the year. Its a work of art. Why are you complaining?

seriously though the most obvious thing would be if you're using the deus ex exe instead of the tnm one as terthos says
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah you have to use the icon we put on your desktop. If you've already deleted it, here's what it needs to say (just replace my paths with yours if relevant):

C:\DeusEx\System\TNM.exe -hax0r INI="C:\DeusEx\TNM\System\TNM.ini" USERINI="C:\DeusEx\TNM\System\TNMUser.ini" log=TNM.log
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Or you can open the Recycle Bin and un-delete it.
itsonlydanny
Thug

Post by itsonlydanny »

Hi,

Just to let you know that I still can't get TNM to work - whether I click on the desktop icon or not. Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but still no luck. I just get the 'regular' Deus Ex game. Any more ideas?

Thanks,

DANNY
XP Home+Vista Ultimate (32-bit) \ Intel E6750 @ 3.47 \ Abit IP-35 Pro \ 2gb Corsair XMS (800mhz) \ XFX 8800GTS 320mb \ Corsair CMPSUHX 620w PSU
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

What's the destination of the shortcut you're using?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
itsonlydanny
Thug

Post by itsonlydanny »

Hi,

The target of the short cut is 'TNM.exe' at 'E:\Games\DeusEx\System'.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

DANNY
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You need to change that to:

E:\Games\DeusEx\System\TNM.exe INI="E:\Games\DeusEx\TNM\System\TNM.ini" USERINI="E:\Games\DeusEx\TNM\System\TNMUser.ini" log=TNM.log
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine