60 Credits Short of a Train Ticket

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

60 Credits Short of a Train Ticket

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Hey I just found something interesting about the first mission in the game.

Step1: Get the painting and deliver it to the kid for 350Credits
Step2: Rob the Coffee shop in the first area for some smaller change, steal the keys to the other coffee shop
Step3: Rob the other Coffee shop for some more credits
Step4: Go and kill the Goat members that are holding the Lama member- Kill the Lama member too
Step5: Return the body to the Lama Temple- Note you don't get paid
Step6: Return and rob the Dinner for some credits
Step7: Go to the Bar and Kill the guy with the Disk out the front- steal his floppy disk
Step8: Go inside and give the disk to the guy who'd usually offer you money for it- observe he doesn't pay you this time because you never asked for payment.

Now I haven't found any areas that have money in them- the ATM is broken so I can't get any money out of it, but at the end of this you should only have 940Credits in your account- I spent a good 30mins looking for some more money before giving up and just starting again using the original method I used that got me through it fine.

Possible fix would be un-break the ATM in Downtown and make Trestkon's Account details available on a datacube inside of Raving's Lockers instead of at the start of the game, an Unbroken ATM could give an additional 60 credits so that the user would have 1000 credits in total and be able to progress- I'm unsure if its possible for Untrained computer users to hack ATMs though- so that could be a problem.

Whilst sure logically its not the best way to accomplish that task- some people will try to break the game like I did and find that you can't get out of the first level.

However Kudos Jonas for some hilarious mission writing :D.. Lama Guard: "What the fuck is this....."

I'm just checking to see if anyone has had the same happen yet. If you ask for the quest before completing them you'll get paid for it and thus be able to finish the first mission.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: 60 Credits Short of a Train Ticket

Post by Trestkon »

Have you done the N00bz mission? There's also money in Sol's and Phas' apartment.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Oh I didn't realize the noobs had a mission, I tried to talk to them and all they say is "Wurd! dude".

I couldn't get back into sols because it locked me out- which is strange (it was locked with INF INF as its attributes so I couldn't get back in). I didn't know about Phas' apartment either.. I should check..
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

I had enough money, and I didn't know anything about a n00bz mission or a llama temple, and I didn't attack SymGeonosis (sol's bar locked itself up anyways).

I didn't kill anyone, though. I only knocked people out, including all the Goat worshipers, using my fists. And I picked up anything useful, including credits, which I found in Sol's (before it locked itself up) and in Phas's apartment.

(Bugs thread says to use the 'opensesame' cheat on the door to Sol's bar to unlock it if you didn't kill anyone inside, since it shouldn't be closed.)
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

We're moving the N00bz quest giver Firewall out a bit so it's more obvious you should talk to him in Patch 1.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

ah good thanks Trestkon :D