Cant Enter Lama Temple!!?

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Stroggo
Thug

Cant Enter Lama Temple!!?

Post by Stroggo »

First I have to say, amazing work guys my four years of waiting and your seven years of work did not dissapoint. =D>
But sadly i am having alot of trouble actualy getting through the game. I'm at the point where kashue tells you to go to the lama's in search of the goats. But as soon as I try to enter the boulding this error pops up?

I have tried loading previous saves, and even starting again but I still cant get in. Is anybody else expreiencing this problem and is there a workaround?
Our system has been shocked!! But remember to Salt The Fries!
NatVac
Thug

Re: Cant Enter Lama Temple!!?

Post by NatVac »

I have not reached the temple yet.

I can play the LlamaTemple_Ambient.ogg file in ..\TMN\Music\Ogg in an external player just fine. So a possible workaround might be to copy that file to LlamaTemple_Ambient.ogg.ogg in the same directory, since the double .ogg extension is mentioned in the error message.

Or it might be that the error message is also wrong, and what you have is a corrupt music file. In that case, rename LlamaTemple_Ambient.ogg to something else and then make a copy of one of the other ambient music files and rename the copy to that filename.
Stroggo
Thug

Post by Stroggo »

Thanks I'll try that, (I was about to reinstall but this should be quicker) :)
Our system has been shocked!! But remember to Salt The Fries!
Jim
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jim »

The double ogg extension is a mistype of my error message. I used to have it programmed so you didn't have to type in the ogg extension in unrealed, but it was slightly confusing to some so I changed it and forgot to change the error message accordingly.

The extra backslash appears to be the anomaly here, I think someone added that by mistake in one of the levels or UScript. Needless to say we'll slap this bug down ASAP (not my fault this time! mwahaha).
I exist within the power lines...for some odd reason.
xcomcmdr
Thug

Post by xcomcmdr »

I ran into this error once : my music player was active, with one of TNM's .ogg file open, albeit the playback was stopped. I closed it and TNM worked fine.

So make sure you don't have one of TNM's music files opened in some software.
NatVac
Thug

Post by NatVac »

I think the doubled backslash is also an error reporting anomaly. I got through this section just fine, with the ambient music playing as it should.