How can I access higher resolutions?

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Hazelnut
Mole Person

How can I access higher resolutions?

Post by Hazelnut »

Hi, fantastic mod by the looks of it. Seven years - wow! :salute: =D>

I've installed the mod and got it running successfully, although the OpenGL renderer you recommend crashes every time so I'm using the normal Deus Ex D3D renderer. I've never been able to select a higher resolution than 1280x800 with my install of Deus Ex and when I saw on the forums that some people were using much higher resolutions I was pretty keen because 1024x786 (4:3 monitor) looks pretty blocky these days. I assumed that either the patch, the nameless mod or the Open GL renderer would add new resolutions, but no such luck.

So, how can I play in 1280x1024 or even my preferred 1600x1200?

Thanks.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: How can I access higher resolutions?

Post by Jonas »

Yes, open TNM.ini in \DeusEx\TNM\System\ and find these lines:
FullscreenViewportX=1280
FullscreenViewportY=800
FullscreenColorBits=32
Change them to:
FullscreenViewportX=1600
FullscreenViewportY=1200
FullscreenColorBits=32
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hazelnut
Mole Person

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks Jonas - that works a treat. It really doesn't matter whether it can be changed in game, because how often do you want to change it eh? I guess that I could have done this with the vanilla DX too. #-o
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by JC12 »

Hazelnut wrote:Thanks Jonas - that works a treat. It really doesn't matter whether it can be changed in game, because how often do you want to change it eh? I guess that I could have done this with the vanilla DX too. #-o
Vanilla DX doesn't support high resolutions but using NVShacker's fix makes all the problems go away... :mrgreen:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

NVShacker's fix is built into TNM.

In fact that's why you get this problem in the first place, it's a side effect of the fix.

In patch 1.0.1, I've added instructions for changing your resolution to the Troubleshooting section of the manual.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine