DXI Elevator

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Solivagant
Mole Person

DXI Elevator

Post by Solivagant »

Ok I searched the forums for a similar bug and found only this thread http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... n+elevator.

What happened to me is different in that I haven't even gone down to DXI. Storywise, I'm siding with PDX and have gone into NSC but haven't descended the elevator that requires the nuclear furnace. I decided to go to the slums and explore and found the Excavation site, and after cleaning up the bots, I tried to go down in that elevator but the button DOES NOTHING, the elevator doesn't move, nothing.

Is it supposed to be like this and the elevator is activated by someone else during the course of the story? I didn't bring any explosive crate or anything to the elevator, btw. And I dont have any direct quests telling me to go to DXI right now, the only main quest I got is the NSC one.
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: DXI Elevator

Post by JC_Helios »

Go..... to the north west corner(I think) of the excavation site, climb the ladder, talk to the mechanic a few times....
Solivagant
Mole Person

Post by Solivagant »

I guess it's too soon to be here, then. However I didn't do grenade climbing or crating, I just offed a pair of firewalls, pushed a button near them and a gate opened that led to the site! Hardly game-breaking, it seems!
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

That's basically what the mechanic is telling you. :P

I was able to use my speed aug( lvl3 ) to jump both the gate by the heli and the excavation gate. No cheating, or stacking required.
NatVac
Thug

Post by NatVac »

I don't think this is a bug. I recall that elevator needs power for the motor -- I had to turn on the elevator power somewhere else. Since you didn't mention that, you apparently didn't find it.

And that might be a function of the storyline, like needing a key to get through a door but you can't get the key until somebody gives it to you.