How to remove the 64 FPS limit?

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
RPGWiZaRD
Mole Person

Re: How to remove the 64 FPS limit?

Post by RPGWiZaRD »

Yay the exe trick worked, renamed DeusEx.exe to TNM.exe and now it ran uncapped (or 100 fps with vsync enabled). Thx now I can fully enjoy this game again.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Would that have any side effects?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Only if you're playing on a multicore machine or a laptop with speedstepping and you have trouble running the original game.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Hm, I'm playing on a multicore machine which has the AMD equivalent of speedstepping for desktop PCs ("Cool'n'Quiet" - but really it's neither), and I don't have trouble playing the original game. Of course, I had to disable it to make Deus Ex work properly... And the only way to do that was to change the power profile in the power control panel...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well you should be able to run TNM with Cool'n'Quiet enabled, as long as you use the TNM.exe file we shipped with.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine