Deus Ex problems + Can't Bind to Native Class crash

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Deus Ex problems + Can't Bind to Native Class crash

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I'm trying to get Deus Ex and TNM working on my little brother's computer (Pentium Celeron, 1 GB Ram, 256MB Radeon 9250). It's got the latest compatible Catalyst drivers installed so that's not the problem. It's a fresh install of Deus Ex, and the game refuses to run fullscreen. It just loads in a 640x480 window. Trying to set it to fullscreen doesn't work. I tried both D3d and OGL renderers. Ingame it looks like I'm using a software renderer.
The copy of Deus Ex is one of those annoying GOTY discs that's only 1.112f instead of fm, but patching it doesn't change the behavior. After I noticed the version number I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything with the patch.
After running it I installed TNM, and there are no reported error, but when I try to run TNM from the desktop shortcut, I get this error and it crashes:
Help? :(
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Deus Ex problems + Can't Bind to Native Class crash

Post by Jonas »

Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador