Can't progress to Space Station

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Can't progress to Space Station

Post by JC12 »

Just got to the point in the game where I have to take the shuttle to the Space Station only as soon as the little cinematic starts I get this error:

I don't think it's the DXOgg.dll that's causing a problem, but the actual music file itself maybe? I took a look in TNM\Music and the file is called "Blank.ogg" where as the error thinks it's called "Blank.ogg.ogg"?

:-k
NatVac
Thug

Re: Can't progress to Space Station

Post by NatVac »

There are a couple of "mistypes" in the error message; see the thread "Cant Enter Lama Temple!!?".

If the error is repeatable, it could indeed be a corrupt music file. Since the file is small (6 KB), and since it is the Blank.ogg file (which could be used in place of other corrupt music files), I've attached it for you to try if you wish. Just extract and copy Blank.ogg to the ..\TMN\Music\Ogg\ subdirectory after renaming that original problematic one.

There might be a problem with the game's Ogg playback, although I don't think that applies here. (Folks can follow the sticky topic "Testers wanted for DXOgg.dll fix" for news.)
Attachments
Blank_ogg.zip
The sounds of silence.
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
Ishindri
NSF

Post by Ishindri »

I have the exact same problem, and replacing the Blank.ogg file didn't work for me. For reference, I'm using the second fixed version of DXOgg.dll.
All is well. We are not like the others.
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by JC12 »

Cheers NatVac but unfortunetely it didn't help the problem. :(

I will post this up in the dxogg fix.
Ishindri
NSF

Post by Ishindri »

Okay, I got it to work by renaming Blank.ogg to "Blank.ogg.ogg". Just finished the game for the first time :)
All is well. We are not like the others.