Slow motion dialogue letterbox + patch + misc

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
beastrn
Thug

Slow motion dialogue letterbox + patch + misc

Post by beastrn »

Hey guys,

I've had to reinstall TNM about 8 times now - my save games keep having strange issues and I can't figure out how to fix any of them without reinstalling and starting from the start again. Some problems have included;

- Whenever I start a dialogue with someone the letterboxes would take 2 minutes or so to fully reveal themselves. They creep from top/bottom and I can't choose any dialogue options while this is happening

- Doors being stuck in half open/half closed state where I have to use ghost to go through them

- named NPC's being hostile for whatever reason where I haven't provoked them

I'm running Dual-core which is obviously not great for the UT engine. I can't use my usual work-around for this which is a program call 'runonce' where you add that to the shortcut, because TNM uses that other shortcut with the .ini parameters, and whenever I try to remove CPU 1 from the process the game crashes...

My latest attempt has been playable and I managed to get up to the Silver Dragon, but now it has the dialogue issue again. It seems to be associated with the save though as I've reinstalled and started fresh and it works, but it won't on my latest save... Happens when talking to everyone and not a specific person.

Sorry for the random/inconsistent points here. I wasn't going to make a thread because I can't replicate most of these problems..

A question though, is there an ETA on that patch you're talking about? I think I'll give it a miss until then. Even though I really want to continue playing :(
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Slow motion dialogue letterbox + patch + misc

Post by Jonas »

The patch will be released Wednesday if it tests alright. It'll fix the door problem and hopefully the NPC alliance problems, but it's unlikely to fix the slow-motion dialogue problem as this is the first we hear of it.

Possible fix: Back up TNM.exe and replace it with a copy of DeusEx.exe, let me know if that helps.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine