TNM hard locked my computer :(

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

TNM hard locked my computer :(

Post by Jetsetlemming »

So I decided to murder Ghand. No reason, really, except that he threatened me with Kenny G music. He dies, I run back to avoid him blowing up (I've done this before), Kashue PMs me a threat and says he's gonna come up and kick my ass. At this point in the mod he's normally down by Evil's desk. Shortly afterwards as expected, an invisible Kashue runs around the corner and starts shotgunning me, so I speed aug my ass out of there and end up in Kashue's office. I run all through to the holo message thing, press the button, and skip through DD's repeated log. I return to Kashue's desk... and while there's ONE Kashue now behind me invisible shooting me, there's a SECOND Kashue in front of me, non-cloaked, struggling with his office doors along with a security officer. I go :shock: and they both take the opportunity to coordinate and kill me. I hit quickload as soon as I die and TNM freezes mid-death, with the onscreen image of Treskton sitting in midair, spurting blood, with a cloaked Kashue shooting him from the side. It wouldn't load to continue and I had to shut down and restart.
TNM.log's attached. The weirdest bit I can see at the end is this line:
Log: LoadMap: ..\TNM\Save\Current\20_PDXHQ02.dxs?load?loadonly?loadgame?
Apparently the game's confused about something, what with all those questions.
There was no event viewer entry, probably because the game froze indefinitely instead of crashed.
Attachments
tnm.rar
tnm.log
(6.62 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Re: TNM hard locked my computer :(

Post by JC12 »

I think it's best to avoid Quickloading (Seems to cause a lot of problems) and only Load from the main menu. I've noticed myself that if you quickload/save when any sort of Cinematic (Death, Convo's etc.) is playing then it really suffers from it.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Loading a save has the same chance of crashing as hitting the quickload button, I've found.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Happened again. No quickloading involved this time, either. I was shot down by a goat templar and right before I landed falling dead the game froze. I beat on my keyboard for a while and managed to make the task bar appear and force closed TNM.
Hanging application TNM.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
Attachments
TNM.rar
tnm.log
(4.77 KiB) Downloaded 349 times