Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
irenicus
Thug

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by irenicus »

Game crashed on day two as i was talking to "walton simons" in the book shop!
(after this Sentence: Trestkon: "That was very nerdy from you!")
No error message was given!
I've attached the tnm.log.
TNM.zip
(9.83 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
Furthermore there were two sentences without voice-acting in the conversation with Pimp-Jojo (when receiving the reward afte dxi-server mission). At least they were not hearable.

(i'm still using 1.0, so i hope that things aren't fixed already)
PRËTËNTIÖüS
Mole Person

Post by PRËTËNTIÖüS »

Okay, now my game is crashing whenever I try to go to the Corporate Sector
And it gives me this error
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1109 ... lerror.png
beastrn
Thug

Post by beastrn »

Err,

I'm trying to get back into the llama temple after telling abom how to get into goat city, but whenever I walk to the door with the loading, it just reloads the same area again with me facing the other way. I can't seem to continue as abom has said I should rest in the temple.

Am I not supposed to go in there, or is this a bug?
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Jaedar: killall tnmdoberman Something about their ai of following around a human NPC makes them very susceptible to pathing freezes.

Beastrn: read the page before this one.

KOing/killing ZP and then"dying" will cause your door guard to say that ZP took off with a couple others even though his body is still laying in ABI with you

You guys still have that blasted vanilla Deus Ex glitch where: When your equipment gets taken away you lose all your grenades except for 1, you also lose your stacked PS20's. I think this might not happens with Phasmatis, but it does with ZP/Slicer.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

• Certain places in the Fire Staff room won't let you retrieve dropped items. The HUD doesn't outline items when I move the cursor over them. I tried mapping out the affected area. (see attachment)
  • Before heading down to DXI, you get a holocom message at the garage. The problem is it triggers through the wall as I try to sneak past the bot by going behind the buildings. Occurred when I was aligned with WC. Haven't tested on PDX yet.
  • I'd like to add a couple of more to this:
    odawali wrote:
    • In Deus Ex, when you assign a hotkey (1-9) to grenades, the HUD icon will also show how many you have (ex COUNT: 3). This feature seems to be broken or disabled in TNM.
    • The text in the HUD Crossbow icon says "FLR DART" even when it has normal darts loaded. Similarly, the text on the Rocket launcher icon says WP Rockets even when normal rockets are loaded.
    • It'd be nice if rounds showed up on the PS20 and Molotov HUD icons. Currently the PS20 shows it's loaded with "PS20" ammo (redundant), and the Molotovs are blank, like the grenades.
  • "Golden Spork of Righteousness (TM)" - This is a Llama Cult artifact right? Isn't trademarking religious lingo more of a Goat Cult thing?
  • Item Pricing Suggestion: Why are LAMs cheaper than EMP grenades? LAMs can take out bots, permanently disable trip beams and turrets (by destroying them), and blow open doors. In other words, they can do everything EMP can and much more. I think LAMs should be priced higher if you want to give players a reason to purchase EMP 'nades.
Attachments
Irretrievable items. Brightness adjusted for better view
Irretrievable items. Brightness adjusted for better view
Last edited by odawali on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

odawali wrote:
  • Certain places in the Fire Staff room won't let you retrieve dropped items. The HUD doesn't outline items when I move the cursor over them
Happened to me as well, I was really gutted as I lost ZP's sniper rifle for that.
irenicus
Thug

Post by irenicus »

Ok, again i've some issues to report.
  • The random speech of Aemen (apartment next to sols-bar) is sometimes not consistent with the subtitles.
  • The signboards in the teleport-system if you enter it trough the corporate-sector (on day two) are not readable.
  • I've some random chrashes at ABI Facility and in the Ruins. Don't know what's the reason for, log is attached!
(using vers. 1.0.1)

ps.: Man, i love this game...
Attachments
TNM.zip
(11.73 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

I'm not sure about the price of lams/lockpicks/multitools. What's the point of using 2 lockpicks worth 750 each to open a drawer that contains 300 credits? LAMs should be more expensive than lockpicks since they have the power to open doors and kill people AND do all the things EMPs can.

Nanoswords also seem too cheap. 1500 for a nano which does 100 damage, or 3500 for Digital's sword which does 35?
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

It's 100 damage made of 20*5, though, whereas the katana is 35 in one hit. This means you can start smashing cameras and alarm panels and turrets (and who DOESN'T like doing that?) considerably earlier in the lowtech/augCombat development process.

...though really you're mostly paying for pimping rights.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Also depending on your item difficulty you might have a lot of excess lockpicks, so it's more like: use two lockpicks to get 300creds and then go pick up those other lockpicks.
Also LAMs are louder I believe and EMPs are more... high-tech, after all man has been creating things to destroy since the dawn of time, creating things to disable came after I'm assuming ;).

bugs:

Listening to DD's recording triggers the "report this info to KK" mission even if you got the holo-message just before killing SD and joining WC.

The wrench seems to only have sound effects for striking steel/metal.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

DDL wrote:It's 100 damage made of 20*5, though, whereas the katana is 35 in one hit. This means you can start smashing cameras and alarm panels and turrets (and who DOESN'T like doing that?) considerably earlier in the lowtech/augCombat development process.
You can? Shit, I should have upgraded my low-tech skill above 'untrained'. :P

I was one-hit killing enemies - even the aliens - with Digital Ronin's sword on untrained skill without the combat strength mod (I went with fists originally and didn't think it would apply to them, so I got microfibral muscle instead).
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Day2/WC aligned
  • Some of the WC troopers in the corporate district seem hostile by default. Specifically, some of the troopers in the group that go fight the PDX force near Raving's. My IFF showed up red on about half of them even before the fight broke out. Needless to say I never fired any shots at them or in their direction, or made any kind of contact.
  • When you get the reward from Pimp-Jojo, choosing "Let me think about it" and then killing him will cause the mission to stay in Goals without being updated.
  • If you get the slum subway running without first talking to the DXO at the station, the mission objective you initially get from That Guy about dealing with the DXO will stay unresolved as well.
Baleout wrote:Nanoswords also seem too cheap. 1500 for a nano which does 100 damage, or 3500 for Digital's sword which does 35?
In addition to what DDL said, it's an artifact that once belonged to a legendary moderator, so I don't disagree with the price. I think the katanas in general are a lot cooler than the DTS. (Great job by the TNM modelers and animators) Agree about the LAM/lockpick pricing through.
JC_Helios wrote:Also LAMs are louder I believe and EMPs are more... high-tech, after all man has been creating things to destroy since the dawn of time, creating things to disable came after I'm assuming ;).
Yes, but there's no bonus for disabling bots "cleanly" with an EMP. It's not like you can loot their bodies. They don't help the stealth player either because if there's a human enemy near the bot when the EMP goes off, they'll react anyway. LAMs are loud, but NPCs are oblivious to them, unless the explosion trips an alarm or blows shrapnel in their direction. Friendly NPCs panic when they see you throw one, but are cool as ice when one goes off in the next cubicle.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Friendlies, yes. They react to projectiles (OMG GET AWAY GET AWAY), but once out the way: hey, s'not their office, so fuck it.

Enemies will certainly hear (and thus react to) a loud explosion.
Da-Fort
Mole Person

Post by Da-Fort »

This one could already be patched but it's likely I read over it when reading the rather loooooooong patch list.

I kept dying on some ladder at the Mountain Range outside ABI.
It was the second ladder going down from the crashed chopper that was being gaurded by some ABI gaurds.
Lork
NSF

Post by Lork »

I don't know if this belongs in here or the NV forum, but New Vision breaks the targeting aug.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4118/shot0000hba.jpg

You can't see the info text; it looks like it's being displayed behind the video, rather than the other way around like its supposed to.