Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Made in China
MJ12

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by Made in China »

Tiny bug - the conversation between Jonas and A2 can be triggered twice, once from each enterance to Jonas's office.

Also, Evil Invasion is monitoring me even while he's away from his workstation, so killing Slicer or Jonas right after DXI still gets me a PM from King Kashue and he turns on me. I think that, since they're only in my favor, I should be able to kill them at that moment. It's not that they're plot crucial at that point, except for 1 PM from Jonas.
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

The big ABI security bots' rockets are called DEFAULT WEAPON NAME, and their machine guns are called Cannon.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

Thehotdogman wrote:This one falls in the realm of voice acting / text errors so though it isn't an outright bug, I thought you'd like to know about it all the same.

After you kill the goat leader for the llamas and talk to beefman for your reward (that has most awesomely been fixed, thank you devs) one of his barks says something to the effect of "go and gloat to some of the other goats, like silver dragon". Plus, in this playthrough SD's dead.... and unless i have my wires crossed he's also a llama.
Just wanted to make sure you guys got this one as you wanted text/voice inconsistencies reported as well.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

The green aliens have DEFAULT WEAPON NAME.

I killed Deus Diablo and turned on the 5 ROFL generators, but the game hasn't recognised this - the goal still says I need to activate them. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

Not sure if this has been reported / is just me, but in the WC storyline after you remove narsicious from the loop (i hacked the computer) or whatever it was when you leave that room, on the holocom King Kashu is there just standing there. Now, i imagine he'd like to say a few things to you, but i couldn't find a way to trigger it.

Edit: I loaded a previous save and it worked. Of course, trestkon mentions Kylie as one of his motivations even though she's dead for the entirety of the game.

Edit2: Might have found something. Ok, in the space station the room where you have the electro hover bots, and you have to switch the catwalks around if you go in normally, and you know how it's set up like you can go to the one on the left and right first and you'd have to swivel the catwalk to go down the ladder? Well, the one on the right, particularly the ground floor of that room is causing a freeze with no error message, or any sort of discernible map error. At least from a layperson's perspective. It seems to happen when you go to turn the valve on the left from the computer terminal's perspective, but it's also happened in that general open area as well. I've been able to reproduce this multiple times, but haven't been able to feel out a general area save for the ground floor of that room.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

I've just installed TNM with the patch. Where do I extract the hotfix? The only DXOgg.dll I can find is in deus ex\system yet in download section it says :
download this ZIP file and overwrite DXOgg.dll in your TNM directory with the ZIP's contents.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

ghostdog wrote:I've just installed TNM with the patch. Where do I extract the hotfix? The only DXOgg.dll I can find is in deus ex\system yet in download section it says :
download this ZIP file and overwrite DXOgg.dll in your TNM directory with the ZIP's contents.
Huh, that text is wrongwrongwrong! Must fix that.... Put it in the DeusEx\System dir :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

A couple of subbing errors
  • During conversation with Kashue and Evil after Trestkon plants the bug in WC:
    Evil Invasion (subs) wrote:Yeah, whenever the firestaff is mentioned in Scara's files, so is Deus Diablo. Apparently in addition to the admin powers, the firestaff can act like a compass, allowing the wielder to locate other people resonating with the same sort of power.
    ^I could swear he actually says "in addition to the admin's powers".
  • In the next conversation, EE talks about ZP:
    Evil Invasion (audio) wrote:I did find a couple of pictures in Scara's files that seem to relate to The ZeroPresence. Actually, here: I'll upload them to your datavault.
    ^EE says 'The ZeroPresence' as if that were part of his name (a la TheRenegadeMaster, The Joker, etc). The subs for this dialogue actually read 'this "ZeroPresence" ' which obviously fits the context better, so it may be best to leave this as is (Unless you re-record the whole line, which you probably won't/can't)
  • Trestkon's first conversation with Dark Templar after entering Goat City aligned with the Goats:
    Dark Templar (subs) wrote:The Goat City is in a separate domain from the rest of Forum City. Another dimension, so to speak. The great powers of Gerald, the first Manifestation of our Most Hoely Goat God OOn, were used in the efforts to separate this small part of the city and move it to this world.
    ^00n spelled with Os instead of zeros.
This is a shot taken at the first flight of stairs from the WC garage to the first floor:
Last edited by odawali on Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:36 am, edited 7 times in total.
Illumonic
Thug

Post by Illumonic »

BSP cuts in geometry that you can only see when looking at them at a certain angle, can't really be dealt with really.
DXI Chat log
[_wraith] Any thought of incorporting ancient mysteries into the plot such as pyramids, Machu Pichu, legend of the 13 Crystal Skulls?
[Witchboy] wraith, we touch on the knights templar
[MISMonkey] You touched him where?
[Scott_M] echo... echo... echo...
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Illumonic wrote:BSP cuts in geometry that you can only see when looking at them at a certain angle, can't really be dealt with really.
My bad. They seemed similar to PartyZone's invisible drawers reported elsewhere so...

On an unrelated note I found some inverted textures at the voodoo shop. See the Chinese writing?
They appear the exact same as the ones in Jock's Apartment:
Here's the catch: the first screenshot has actually been flipped over horizontally, meaning those Chinese textures in the voodoo shop are mirror images of what they should be. ;)
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

More on Ricemanu: If, after saving his bacon by killing the two live attackers, without him confirming it in any way, I go back inside, I had the "save Ricemanu's bacon!" goal still in my sub-goals, and since I didn't have 500 credits, I found myself with no effective means of proceeding without (a) having prior knowledge from a previous playthrough or (b) being lucky or scouring the entire accessible ABI complex from top to bottom inside and out to find the secret entrance.

Unlike with my PDX playthrough, I found no way of getting access to the retinal scanner (although I tried dragging various bodies to the scanner and using it while carrying them, to no avail), and without 500 credits I couldn't buy the information about where the secret entrance was. Fortunately I knew what map it was on, and ran around on that map until I spotted something suspicious and found it, but if that was my first playthrough I would probably not have looked there, and would probably have quit in frustration after 30 minutes of fruitless searching and re-searching and re-re-searching inside the main complex instead... in fact I tried to use the computers and security computers at least twice each looking for some way to get access to the retinal scanner before I went looking for the secret entrance!

Oh, and after I did finally get inside, Scara congratulated me on saving Ricemanu's bacon, though the goal remained still. Ricemanu himself did do some security hacking for me on this level, as he had promised, although I had thought he was going to do that on the previous level (I had been expecting him to hack the retinal scanner for some reason). The goal to save his bacon also STILL remained after he announced he was done freezing his fingers off and was leaving.

One last thing, not related to Ricemanu: Was the Leviathan really supposed to kill all the WorldCorp people and the bot in the WorldCorp campaign when you brought it online? I'm not sure if it was initially hostile to them, but they were definitely hostile to it when it came online. I tried to save them after it came online, but my tranqs only knocked one of them out before it could kill them all. It's too efficient! :P I also saw a LAM explode under it and push it up partially through the ceiling, resulting in it getting stuck. Had to reload. Fortunately I save obsessively.
Dark Reality
UNATCO

Post by Dark Reality »

Not sure if this has been reported before, but here it is. I just started a new game and found a minor glitch in the "free subway pass" mission.

First of all, I forgot how to triggerScara's offer to give you the mission. It triggered for me after I returned the unconscious Llama to whatsisname - big green guy at the temple. That's when Scara told me about the deal. But, I'd already KO'd AO and got the program.

When I logged onto the PC, the other guy (the hacker) told me that he didn't know or care why I KO'd AO, so it planned for that outcome there... however on my way to the subway, the hacker PMs me saying he didn't mean for anyone to die (Kylie bit the dust). I'm assuming that's supposed to play after you leave the club at some point, if you'd talked to him previously. Either way the dialog was out of place.
Do you love Off-Topic Productions and The Nameless Mod?
Join TNMST - The Nameless Mod Street Team - today.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

DXNathan - yes, you can't kill anybody at Sol's to keep NVSHacker calm. However, even if you do kill someone, you should still get a subway pass, so that conversation is good, and there couldn't be a better placement for it if you don't do the mission in order.

On another note, talking with NVSHacker after refusing to knock out AO and telling him that what he asked me was wrong, one of his lines apeears on the same screen as Trestkon's. His line, however, should be in another screen.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Baleout wrote: I killed Deus Diablo and turned on the 5 ROFL generators, but the game hasn't recognised this - the goal still says I need to activate them. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
Yes, need to use a console to bring them online
http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... =32&t=2145
dataangel
Mole Person

Post by dataangel »

A few more bugs:

1. I had already killed Beefman when I went to destroy the tablets. After the hostage situation in the subway, I went back to PDX and talked to Kashue and Evil and they gave me the next mission to go look for the helicopter dude. Then I got a message from the goat guy telling me to visit for a new mission. He wanted me to kill Beefman, who was already dead :P

2. Figuring the game just needed me to walk back to the Llama temple to detect what I'd done, I walked back. And sure enough as soon as I entered it gave me assassination skill points. But, a bunch of llamas were there too, and last time I was here I had killed them all.. Though maybe they just came from another temple or something. I immediately exit.

3. I return to the goat leader, and she says she'll give me my reward. But my inventory is full. She doesn't ask me to clear it, I just don't get my reward. Talking to her again doesn't have her give it to me.

4? (could be #3 again). Clearing my inventory before talking to her didn't fix the problem! I get the credits she promised, but not the upgrade canister or weapon mods.

5. In the goat sanctum, if you're coming from the lasers and facing the goat guy and the goat leader, there is a door to the right, leading around to some restrooms. Near there there is a 25% strength door that needs 1 lockpick. I broke it down with my sword, and walked in. There was another door leading to some stairs, with a security camera which started beeping and triggered the alarm. Every guard came running, but still allied to me! Not one went hostile, but they were all alerted. If I had wanted to defect at that point it would've been easy to kill all the guards in the area with one LAM ;)

Also, I forgot to include with my previous bugs: This mod is awesome ;) Please keep working on it :D