Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Patch 1.0.1

Post by Jonas »

The Nameless Mod 1.0.1 Patch

NOTE: It has come to our attention that the fixed DXogg.dll in patch 1.0.1 causes a crash when the credits begin. Please download a hotfix here:
http://thenamelessmod.com/downloads/pub ... ankFix.zip

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Here are the patch notes for version 1.0.1.

Be warned that these notes do contain spoilers.
- Fixed the quickload crashes. Hopefully.
- Updated the DXOgg.dll to Jim's newest version. Should fix most of the crashing but he's still working on perfecting it.
- Fixed the kill counting bug that was causing Sol's Bar to close for no reason.
- Made it so all the bar patrons leave and Jackie and Alpha are moved if the bar is closed.
- Implemented new model and textures for the uranium sticks. Gave them a pale bluish glow and a geiger loop sound.
- Made the fireblade do physical damage as well.
- Made sure Winquman's conversations make sense if you overhear the bombers before talking to him but don't kill them.
- Added Phasmatis's improved doublegun textures and fixed the timing on the doubleguns reload sound.
- Lowered the threshold for Kashue's pacifism reward to 25% overall or 40% in either map.
- Added a datavault photo of the melk fountains to avoid confusion in the first proper Llama quest.
- Made sure Yardbomb's convos work properly if you kill or knock out the WC guy.
- Made sure Kylie is removed from Sol's Bar if you've pissed her off, regardless of whether she's told you about DXO.
- Made sure Kylie doesn't spawn at the subway if she's pissed off with Trestkon.
- Disabled PDX level transitions when you kill someone instead of simply sealing the doors.
- Added more explicit information about the WorldCorp user account naming convention to Ericka's datascreen in the WC reception.
- Made ZP's datascreen about the Goat City portal add a note to your datavault.
- Replaced the Downtown and Slum ambient tracks with new mixes and added proper ID tags to the Theme.
- Make sure you can't go through the double doors up the stairs from the DXE lobby or the door to the King's Towers lobby.
- Added a new security computer behind the boxes in the PDX armoury antechamber connected to the OTHER three cameras and added them to the script so they go hostile if you're with WC.
- Made sure the N00Bz subsequents are randomized so they don't say their lines in the same order.
- Fixed the rotation on a couple of hidden items in Goat City (CURSE YOUR EYES, UED2!)
- Added the tool weapons to the tools dispenser in Raving's and added .45 and plasma ammo to the ammo dispenser. Lowered the price of 30.06.
- Adjusted the ammo prices on the dispenser in the ABI ruins and replaced the darts with .45.
- Added a couple of weapon mods to the red greasel cage in WCFloor3 and a repairbot in the cafeteria in 22_WCfloor1.
- Replaced the radioactive barrels in the tunnel out of the water in the sublevel with flammable liquid and added a crowbar to both maps to break the grating with. Made the metal grate sound and fragment like metal.
- Tweaked the description of how to find the Goat City entrance to make it clearer.
- Tweaked the steam particle emitted in the slums backdrop.
- Halved the minialien ground speed so they're not quite so fucking annoying.
- Fixed that monstrous BSP error in the AI module on the final mission.
- Made sure Chris the Cynic skips his intro as he should when you talk to him on the second day.
- Removed the bindnames on the Goat kidnappers and rebalanced their difficulty filter settings.
- Copied WCSecurity and WCCommando conversations to mission 22. Made both of their bark sets as well as the CSI guards' not cycle.
- Fixed a tiny BSP hole in 20_WCFloor1 and some black locker doors in 22_WCFloor1.
- Replaced the security computers in the sublevel prison cells in M22 with TNM computers.
- Made ZP not carry his rifle in Sol's.
- Made DT's hologram in Athena's apartment not appear if he's unconscious.
- Attached a candle to the wall in the bot repair room in the ABI ruins.
- Fixed up the flags in the N00Bz mission.
- Eased substantially up on Phas's AI settings to avoid any ruckus downstairs setting him off.
- Removed the hatch to the WCFloor1 fish tanks and moved the goodies to other locations in the map. Replaced the two 25-point skill awards with a 50-pointer in WCFloor2.
- Filtered the security guards on WCFloor3 and in the lobby more thoroughly for difficulty and made sure both Albert and Bob will always appear (Bob was being filtered away on Easy).
- Made sure DT's body is removed when you enter Goat City after completing the OSC or NSC mission.
- Corrected the rewards on offer in the bulletins a bit for consistency.
- Brought the fog back to the goat portal in 20_FCDowntown.
- Made sure Abom's guards don't react to A2 being disabled.
- Made sure the skill awards in the Voodoo Shop and the Partyzone are given immediately rather than the next time you enter the level (WTF?)
- Fixed some glitches in the game logic surrounding NVShacker.
- Changed the DXI timesafe goal to be secondary so it clears out if you leave DXI without completing it.
- Set the dumbwaiter in the weapon shop to crush on encroach so it won't get stuck.
- Found a way to let DT give you the reward for killing Abom without sounding outrageously inconsistent if you already killed Abom in mission 20.
- Made the MS set TrestkonFlying when you pick up the chopper codes instead of handling it in the PM, in case the player runs very fast.
- Replaced the one very very fast damage trigger in the DXIRuins elevator with two slightly slower ones as Jetsetlemming suggested.
- Changed it so DXI_ThreadsClosed is set by the script rather than the PMs when you solve the puzzle, so you can't leave the map before the flag is set and get yourself stuck.
- Made the taken toilet in Sol's Bar unpushable so you can't pick it up.
- Made sure the drunk girl in front of the bar is removed when the bar is closed.
- Rebuilt the lighting in ABI to make the egg hiding spot a bit less obvious.
- Fixed the kill zone atop one of the ladders in the ABI canyon.
- Renamed the crashed chopper debris in ABI from "Frying Pan" to "Debris" and tweaked the size of the decals and the settings of the smoke.
- Fixed the face skins on the WCCommando corpses to display their masks properly.
- Fixed some VA mismatches in Winquman's and SD's conversations and made SD's Saved conversation radius-triggered.
- Made the button at the PDX HQ sewer entrance disable the lasers via an untrigger so they're properly disabled. Also made the turret face the door as it should.
- Added limitedtrigger between lasers and PDX turret in the corporate sewers. Added fog to surveillance room and reduced damage to 1/sec.
- Removed duplicate chairs around Gwog's desk in DXI.
- Made storage area lift in DXEditing crush on encroach.
- Removed duplicated Llama assassin in post-DXI Goat City and replaced her old items with TNM items.
- Fixed a grammatical error in the PHAT Rifle description.
- Made sure you can't put a scope on a blow pipe (hilarious though the idea may be).
- Prevented Evil and Jonas from talking about the Black ICE mission if it was completed in mission 20.
- Copied the barks of the LlamaFemales and LlamaMales to mission 22. The former were missing, the latter were too quiet.
- Made the script destroy the breakable wall in 22_WCSublevel and remove the explosives if you blew it up in M20.
- Made Kylie immune to knockout damage.
- Added a "Unique Weapon" tag to the descriptions of all our unique weapons (makes sense, no?)
- Eased up on Pimp-Jojo's AI settings.
- Made sure Aemer doesn't ask what you're doing in his flat if you come through the window.
- Made sure you don't get any angry PMs from Dark Templar or Abom when entering NSC if you've knocked them out.
- Nerfed the hoverbots so they now take 75% of damage from normal weapons instead of 25%. Also lowered their EMP hitpoints from 50 to 40 to match the wheeled security bot.
- Prevented Nosferatu's corpse from setting off the other NPCs.
- Added item names to all our creature weapons.
- Prevented the AI from reacting to the hammer, wrench, screwdriver, and spyware device.
- Removed Slicer from the courtyard in the first scene in the WC endgame because he appears alive in the denouement. Moved Evil to his position instead and moved Jonas to Evil's position.
- Moved the Downtown firewall agent out in front of the barriers to make him more prominent, hoping people will be less prone to miss his mission.
- Made sure you don't get a PM from Scara if you accidentally torch the ABI archives in the PDX storyline.
- Switched around the track names and file names on Jonas's stereo so it works properly now.
- Fixed an embarrassing amount of logic glitches in the Goat/Llama quest.
- Made it so you only get allied to the Goats by talking to Dark Templar if you gave him the right plans - you can still get allied to them if you talk to OiNutter, but if you go to NSC afterwards and the plans were fake, it's cancelled as it should be.
- Eased up considerably on ZeroPresence's AI settings when he meets you in front of the PDX HQ.
- Fixed the BSP errors in the Goat Templae by replacing the benches with chairs.
- Added a datascreen to the Llama temple security room that describes how to disable Beefman's force field.
- Added the two promised weapon mods to Beefman's safe in M22.
- Made the A2/Abom convotrigger check whether A2 is unconscious before firing.
- Tweaked the weapon hand texture to use a grey sleeve instead of a dark blue.
- Made sure none of the Midashand PMs will play if he's dead.
- Prevented Midashand from taking knockout damage as our game logic doesn't account for it (emergence fail).
- Made Midashand and AJ plus his henchmen not react to carcii and indirect injury and shots and all that jazz.
- Made sure the ordertriggers for SD can be triggered more than once.
- Made nobody in 22_PDXHQ01 raise the alarm when finding disabled bots, so as to avoid problems with A2.
- Fixed the misaligned towels in the toilets near Kashue's office.
- Made DP's primary conversation trigger on frob.
- Raised the MinDamageThreshold of the lockers in Raving's to 50 and made him not react to shots.
- Raised the MinDamageThreshold of the lockers in Sol's to 50.
- Copied Miguel's AI properties from Deus Ex to SD and DD.
- Added a medical bot in the highway tunnel maintenance room in the ABI Exterior.
- Fixed a conversation inconsistency in Scara's DXI debriefing.
- Made extra special sure that you don't get any of Ryan's PM's if he's dead.
- Fixed the bug that was causing the game not to recognize Athena's death.
- ShadowCode mission: Fixed the BSP error after the firetrap. Disabled the firetrap, opened the door to let you bypass the electricity room and added extra goodies in there, and turned the turret array into a normal hallway. Added two laser chargers, 5 more EMP grenades, and some EMP rockets. Removed the gold lasers in server 6.
- Added extra goodies in the New Server Complex security room to match the ShadowCode update.
- Tweaked the syntax in Mr. Lampoon's diary so the last sentence makes more sense.
- Made sure Trestkon doesn't ask Mr. Clark about the toilet graffiti unless he's actually seen it.
- Made sure you get the WCDirections PM from Scara if you enter WorldCorp through the vents too.
- Prevented Fender's PM from playing if you never actually got the mission from him.
- Fixed a Slicer logic bug when you meet him in the PDX HQ.
- Prevented Beeblequix's ThreadsClosed PM from playing if you didn't give him your HUD codes.
- Restored the BlowPipe description as it had been partially deleted for some reason.
- Made sure the Black ICE goal is closed if you choose not to tell Scara about Raving's schemes.
- Made Kale attack immediately if he goes hostile.
- Made Scara immune to knockout type damage.
- Made the special option to download the UC codes in WCID available if you hack the computer.
- Made all the elevator doors in Phas's apartment return on encroach so they can't get stuck.
- Prevented map datavault image and ATM login from being added at the start of training.
- Replaced rat generated by destroyed TNMContainers with TNMRat.
- Stopped Kashue responding to killed rats (or any other non TNMPawns).
- Made sure you don't get Scara's conversation about Slicer's escape if you've already killed Slicer.
- Fixed the subtitle text in the quote game saying "Indiana Jones as the Search for the Holy Grail" when the audio says (correctly) "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".
- Fixed a logic bug whereby killing Dark Templar in the voodoo shop would cause the goals to update endlessly as long as you're in the voodoo shop. Also made it close the right goal if you kill him after getting his mission.
- Set ZP's and Slicer's maxprovocations to 0 in DXI.
- Made the GotStaff PM open the force field behind Gwog's desk.
- Fixed Gwog's subsequent lines so they actually play now.
- Made it so you get the PM from Beeble about the elevator when leaving the MCR even if you go back the way you came.
- Set all the automatic sliding doors in the PDX HQ to return on encroach rather than stop so they don't get stuck.
- Rotated the back entrance teleporter to Sol's Bar to face the freezer room door.
- Made Slicer not hate indirect damage or emit distress, hoping it'll stabilize his AI.
- Fixed the typo "pascifist" in one of Phasmatis's training PMs.
- Added a bit more info to the "find the server complex" goals.
- Added some flag checks to prevent the Firewall PMs from playing when they shouldn't.
- Made Paul Denton's rifle and Arnie's LAW collide with nothing so you can't pick it up THROUGH THE GLASS.
- Made the book you have to frob in training invincible.
- Updated your primary goal when you enter Goat City to point you towards the server complex entrance.
I've locked the Bugs thread, feel free to continue your bug reporting here, when you've made sure your bug hasn't already been addressed in version 1.0.1 :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Daggsy
NSF

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by Daggsy »

Nice. That's pretty fast for that much work.
Any idea if it'll be able to pick up saves from the original or not?
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
ZIGS
NSF

Post by ZIGS »

*looks through all the list's fixes*

o_O

Do you people ever sleep? Not that I'm complaining :P
Patrick
Thug

Post by Patrick »

Sorry, but if it's any consolation I don't know if it's a bug or not.

I'm in The research base under ABI, before I get into the space wing, and I am looking down this hallway:

http://patrickthomson.ath.cx/TNMbug.jpg

A guard previously ran across the beams, don't know if that is a factor. but if I block/override/blow up the beams, I still hear a "ping" and the turret tracks me as soon as I cross where the beams used to be. When I step back over the line, the turret stops even though it's less than 5 meters away.
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

Mayby I missed it but did you fix the Passthroughable Glass doors to Kings Apartments. You can get through em. Sorry if it is on there and I missed it.

I know Passthroughable is not a word. 0.o lol Seemed to work
SGU
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

ZIGS wrote:Do you people ever sleep? Not that I'm complaining :P
For your information I have been staying up 'till 4 or 5 am every night this week, fixing bugs. For this reason I have consistently come in to work late (thankfully they're very lenient about that) and I've had to skip my Wednesday class because it started at 9 am and I would've got only 4 hours of sleep.

I DO ALL THIS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU.

ahem

Patrick: That's not strictly speaking a bug, but I'll consider changing it.

Felix: Yes, that building is called King's Towers, and you'll see from the patch notes that I fixed the door ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

Okay, I guess I missed it. Oops.
SGU
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Oh I should specify that I didn't do all these fixes on my own, only the vast majority. Our programmers Shane and Nick were invaluable at some of the more hairy ones, especially the quickload crash that Nick found a solution for. Phasmatis, DDL, and Grub also all contributed :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Helios
Thug

Post by Helios »

I don't think this is on that list but I'm pretty tired so I may have missed it - sorry!

In the new server complex when doing the WC mission, when hacking the computers in the security room the cameras keep switching to on when I select another camera after turning one off.
Helios
Thug

Post by Helios »

My bad, they're the new type of camera and there were guards in another room looking at the same camera, after I killed them I could turn them off.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

This might fall under the Phas apartment fix, but... I rather enjoy shooting Phas' TV just before I leave(the first time) and making a frantic run for the elevator. In PDX storyline this caused no permanent problem, but in WC he's still hostile to me when I come later.I had killed all the guards earlier but I doubt that's the cause.

The shadowcode servers can be turned back on after you turn them off. I don't believe this screws up the mission, but the visual displays for the server turn back on. Perhaps make it like the Melk valves where you can't frob them after turning them off? I know Yuki did something to stop using the HK UC twice.

By the way the bug I reported about Kylie waking up and being at the subway while still being 'asleep' at Sol's.... I get the feeling that the same holds true for ZP (helping me at PDX while his body is still at SOL'S afterwards) I haven't actually seen checked though.

Oh yeah, and Mr. Good's(Pdx Server) computer is World Corp. intentional? As well as Evil's being ABI?
Last edited by JC_Helios on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

Impressive work Jonas.
I'm not sure if this is a Bug or a Feature™.
But at untrained level you can hack open the raving's weapon shop lockers and the door to the basement of Partyzone with the standard metal sword. And probably a couple other instances (I'll point them out if I encounter them).
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Okay, I'll be honest. It's got to the point where I'm partly doing this on purpose now. :P

The elevator in DX Editing by the note from damocles... If it's taken to another floor then you jump back down, you can get underneath it and can't get out with regular jumping. But... you can reach the button to bring it back down on top of you, so it might be worth making it crushy just to teach people a lesson for doing really stupid things.
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Think I already did that actually, guess I forgot to put it in the notes.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Another couple of minor speech things... after killing the WC guys that toasted Sol's Bar and telling Winq and Alpha, Jackie's idling speech still goes on about wondering who burned the place down.
The Holo-Kylie at the excavation site will sit and talk to itself like the Kylie in the bar does, but I guess that could be explained round by it being a live feed or something, it's just that none of the other holocomms seem to do it.

Possibly a problematic one... getting into a fight with NVShacker's spiderbot after it's been threatening Jonas will make the nearby guards attack you, even if you're only using EMP weapons (tried the grenades and the EMP pistol). Seeing as two different employees want it disabled, maybe the guards should view it as an enemy or something so that it doesn't end up getting you kicked out?